Dayton 19 Ludlow 14

futurecoach

There is two plays that really made a difference in this game early. And that was when Ludlow had the ball at the 5 yard line I believe and had 3rd and inches to go, and Dayton stopped them both times to get the ball back...However I will like to add that on the 3rd and inches play, Ludlow got a HORRIBLE spot. Watching it live it looked like he easily got it, and then seeing on tape he definitely got it. I not really sure where the ref came up with the spot on that one. But on 4th down Dayton definitely stuffed it on the sneak, he actually lost yards on that sneak...

I tell you one thing though its probably going to be a real ugly low scoring battle between Dayton and Bellevue with not much offense. I wouldn't be suprised to see only defensive touchdowns in that game...

yeah it is a good point... that stand gets lost in the rest of game but it was really big... I couldn't see the spot well from my POV, but I will say that I thought they had it on the sneak where Rouse gave a second effort around the right side... not my mark though...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who have you beat that is a solid win?

Are you trying to say that Ludlow is not a good team and wouldn't be a solid win. Because when I look at Bellevue schedule then the only solid win I see is over Ludlow. So I wouldn't want to down play Ludlow at all, because the schedule you all have Ludlow would be the only solid win, because Newport definitely was not a solid win...

yeah it is a good point... that stand gets lost in the rest of game but it was really big... I couldn't see the spot well from my POV, but I will say that I thought they had it on the sneak where Rouse gave a second effort around the right side... not my mark though...

Thats what I saw too, because on the initial effort he got stuffed, but he then went to the right, and looked like he got it. Then looking at in on films he definitely looked like he got it. However the ref somereason came running in with a spot alot shorter than that, but his knee never hit early. So I dont know how he came up with that spot. But stuff like that happens, refs are human. Then Dayton came up with a huge spot on the 4th down sneak, those big guys got big penetration and didn't allow Rouse to be able to go anywhere...:thumb:

Are you trying to say that Ludlow is not a good team and wouldn't be a solid win. Because when I look at Bellevue schedule then the only solid win I see is over Ludlow. So I wouldn't want to down play Ludlow at all, because the schedule you all have Ludlow would be the only solid win, because Newport definitely was not a solid win...

The trimble win becomes less impressive for you every week. Another point is atleast Bellevue has played real teams such as Ncc and Newport has actually played real teams.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wow you act like Dayton is so much better than Ludlow, and we just need to be able to play Brossart to get a win. I wouldn't be saying stuff like this when Dayton only won by 5 points. The fact is and you know this as well as I do between Ludlow, Bellevue and Dayton this year. If each team played each other 10 times, each team probably would win 5 games against each other this year. All three teams are pretty much even this year. So dont go acting like thats not true, and that Ludlow could only beat a Brossart...I must say I not sure what is up with you man, because I definitely have not said anything in this thread to get Dayton people going, and actually have been more than nice and congratulating Dayton and giving praise to how well their defense played. Somebody here though might need to grow up...

I'm not getting into the Ludlow bashing because I think they are a good team... I think they could probably beat 60-75% of the A schools this season. They just happen to be in an extremely strong class A district. However, I don't think that it is fair anymore to say that each of these schools are exactly even now, because Ludlow lost to both of them. Not saying that they couldn't beat them, but I don't think it is fair to say that they would all split 5 and 5. Maybe out of ten times 7 out of 10 but it can't be considered exactly even anymore. I think Ludlow is a good team, but a very small notch below Bellevue and Dayton...

The trimble win becomes less impressive for you every week. Another point is atleast Bellevue has played real teams such as Ncc and Newport has actually played real teams.

So this is just funny to me, because you never have seen Trimble play, and know nothing about them. Yet you want to act like you do know them. When however you forget that I have seen them play, I have seen Newport play a couple of times. Trimble is the better team out of them and would beat Newport.. I not like some of you all which is pretty obvious now think their teams do no wrong. I mean could just look at your all predicitions in the Bellevue vs. NCC game to figure that out..So of coarse I know that you would think that yes Bellevue definitely has beaten a better team in Newport, when you know nothing of Trimble...As for the NCC game, yeah that team is DEFINITELY a better team than any team Ludlow has played, and well how did you all fair against them, what was it not a single first down in the first half???

I really dont see your point in this thread, because this thread was going pretty smoothy to you came jumping in here, with smart remarks. I know I actually want this thread to stay open unlike the thread with Ludlow and Bellevue. So please if anything talk about this game...And if you want to keep up with the Ludlow Bellevue talk, then just PM me..

I'm not getting into the Ludlow bashing because I think they are a good team... I think they could probably beat 60-75% of the A schools this season. They just happen to be in an extremely strong class A district. However, I don't think that it is fair anymore to say that each of these schools are exactly even now, because Ludlow lost to both of them. Not saying that they couldn't beat them, but I don't think it is fair to say that they would all split 5 and 5. Maybe out of ten times 7 out of 10 but it can't be considered exactly even anymore. I think Ludlow is a good team, but a very small notch below Bellevue and Dayton...

Well for Dayton I think its very fair to say it could split 5 to 5. Because it was on Dayton homefield and went down to the end of the game to decide it. So I think its very fair to say if both teams played 10 games half and half on each others home field that it probably would split 5 to 5. Because both teams are very even..However I would say Bellevue would have a little argument here, because they did beat Ludlow at Ludlow. So I could see where you can say it would be 6 to 4 or something in that, just cause Ludlow lost at home...

I really dont want to get into any of that either, I know this thread was running smoothly actually to a certain Bellevue fan got it in saying smart stuff, and one of the Dayton fans as well...So I dont want this thread getting closed, because it was a sloppy but very good and exciting game to watch, and I would like to talk about that and not argue about these things...

First of all Dayton is better than Ludlow because they beat them. Unfortunately, you don't play the same team 10 times in one season, so that point is ridiculous. Next, I don't care if Dayton won by 1 or 100 points a win is a win. I don't agree that it was a bad spot, I thought it was the right call.

Also, to make a comment about Bellevue's Newport victory, at the time Newport was pick to be one of the better 2A schools next to NCC and Holy Cross, and Newport is a more quality win than Trimble or Carroll Co.'s. Paris is again another quality win that is higher than Trimble and Carroll. Just face it, Brossart is now the must win game for Ludlow and their season rests on that fact, like it or not. All the pressure is on Ludlow and not Brossart (they have nothing to lose and the opportunity of a playoff spot for a first year varsity program!) something no one expected.

Coaching tips are needing from my like, how long have you been a futurecoach? when are you getting hired?

Congrats to Dayton and Coach Deaton and Good Luck to the Panters and futurecoach :ylsuper:

Thats what I saw too, because on the initial effort he got stuffed, but he then went to the right, and looked like he got it. Then looking at in on films he definitely looked like he got it. However the ref somereason came running in with a spot alot shorter than that, but his knee never hit early. So I dont know how he came up with that spot. But stuff like that happens, refs are human. Then Dayton came up with a huge spot on the 4th down sneak, those big guys got big penetration and didn't allow Rouse to be able to go anywhere...:thumb:

I think that this might just be attributed to the fact that Dayton's line is just simply bigger than Ludlow's. Don't get me wrong Ludlow's line performed admirably but when Dayton kinda knows that a run is coming they can get down and simply "out power" some of Ludlow's smaller linemen...

I think that this might just be attributed to the fact that Dayton's line is just simply bigger than Ludlow's. Don't get me wrong Ludlow's line performed admirably but when Dayton kinda knows that a run is coming they can get down and simply "out power" some of Ludlow's smaller linemen...

I agree with you. Even though I think Ludlow got it on the 3rd down sneak by Rouse, it was kind of obvious then that Ludlow would have a hard time sneaking the ball with the QB. So I not sure why they tried it again, I know I didn't agree with the call...

First of all Dayton is better than Ludlow because they beat them. Unfortunately, you don't play the same team 10 times in one season, so that point is ridiculous. Next, I don't care if Dayton won by 1 or 100 points a win is a win. I don't agree that it was a bad spot, I thought it was the right call.

Also, to make a comment about Bellevue's Newport victory, at the time Newport was pick to be one of the better 2A schools next to NCC and Holy Cross, and Newport is a more quality win than Trimble or Carroll Co.'s. Paris is again another quality win that is higher than Trimble and Carroll. Just face it, Brossart is now the must win game for Ludlow and their season rests on that fact, like it or not. All the pressure is on Ludlow and not Brossart (they have nothing to lose and the opportunity of a playoff spot for a first year varsity program!) something no one expected.

Coaching tips are needing from my like, how long have you been a futurecoach? when are you getting hired?

Congrats to Dayton and Coach Deaton and Good Luck to the Panters and futurecoach :ylsuper:

Edit...I just wrote 2 paragraphs responding to your post here, but I decided to delete them, because I am better than that unlike you. And will just send you what I have to say to you in a PM...

And to answer your question, I do got two schools where a coach has said I could come coach with them once I get done with college. So sorry that I am not a coach yet since I trying to get my education done first at the University of Kentucky where I will get my degree and become a teacher and also coach...;)

Even though defense was a big part in this one, i thought Dayton's passing game looked improved from week one till now.

very true... it was extremely evident, especially in the first half that Ludlow was daring Dayton to throw the ball and it took a whole quarter before they started doing it... Young was hit on a real nice slant, or maybe a post not sure, and Ellis and Trimnell ran the "scramble drill" to perfection once. I still am of the opinion they have to find a way to get Young the ball more and get him to the open field.... he always makes things happen when he gets touches... and half of them he goes and gets himself with INT's...