Dayton 19 Ludlow 14

futurecoach

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, NKY has some of the best A and AA schools in the area, but I don't think that Dayton, Ludlow, Bellevue, or Bishop Brossart could compete with most of the A teams in the state. Maybe 50 percent of them or a little less.

Most of the time a time from nky wins state. Last year they won with a blow out (Newcath), I agree that nky football is better than most others.:ylsuper:

Yes, NKY has some of the best A and AA schools in the area, but I don't think that Dayton, Ludlow, Bellevue, or Bishop Brossart could compete with most of the A teams in the state. Maybe 50 percent of them or a little less.

Really? If you put Dayton, Ludlow, and Bellevue all in different districts this year, and they all end up being a 1 or a 2 seed in every district. Every team in class A in NKY this year except for Brossart is very good, and Beechwood is just GREAT...

Dayton is ranked 7th in the state and Bellevue is ranked 10th. Seems like you are the minority in this category.

Really? If you put Dayton, Ludlow, and Bellevue all in different districts this year, and they all end up being a 1 or a 2 seed in every district. Every team in class A in NKY this year except for Brossart is very good, and Beechwood is just GREAT...

While I think Dayton, Bellevue, and Ludlow are certainly capable of being in the top 25% of Class A teams I don't know that they would be a 1 or 2 seed in every district. For example, just one district over I don't think any of them could beat LCA and I'm not positive they could all beat Raceland and Fairview. Not saying they couldn't but if we went back to the "old" playoff system of playing other districts only Beechwood and LCA would be locks.

If you went back to the old playoff system traditionally those teams in the east have not faired well against the 3's and 4's from Northern Ky. I stand by the fact that Dayton, Ludlow and Bellevue are very even and could all play with just about anybody in the state in 1A. Maybe not Beechwood, Mayfield, or LCA but for the most part can compete. The key word being compete.

If you went back to the old playoff system traditionally those teams in the east have not faired well against the 3's and 4's from Northern Ky. I stand by the fact that Dayton, Ludlow and Bellevue are very even and could all play with just about anybody in the state in 1A. Maybe not Beechwood, Mayfield, or LCA but for the most part can compete. The key word being compete.

I agree with you that they could compete.

But you have to remember back in the "old days" LCA wasn't in that district and they have only been bounced out by Beechwood, Holy Cross, or NCC. And they are a program on the rise. They make that district a lot stronger now than it had been traditionally and the loss of HC and NCC to 2A make the NKY district weaker.

APNW the moving of NCC and HC does make the district weaker....but the 4 seed has gone on the road and won many times and it was usually Bellevue Ludlow or Dayton. LCA does make the makeup of the other district very different as well.

Although if you really look back HC only had two good years (last year being the only real good year) in the district so that might be in question.

I agree with you that they could compete.

But you have to remember back in the "old days" LCA wasn't in that district and they have only been bounced out by Beechwood, Holy Cross, or NCC. And they are a program on the rise. They make that district a lot stronger now than it had been traditionally and the loss of HC and NCC to 2A make the NKY district weaker.

Well I do agree that LCA would still be the 1 seed with any of the 3 river schools in that district, because they are just that good of a team. But I think this year each one of the 3 schools could beat the other teams in the district...Now next year would be a different story, because all three teams have really good teams this year, but next year it probably wont look as good...