Dayton 19 Ludlow 14

futurecoach

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't even look Young off... didn't check his other options... any free safety that knows what he is doing is taking that one back...

He had pressure in his face from the snap middle backer came unblocked. He had no time to look off or check other options. He was hit as he threw which resulted in the short throw.

Congrats to Dayton on a huge win! :thumb:

Also, to make a comment about Bellevue's Newport victory, at the time Newport was pick to be one of the better 2A schools next to NCC and Holy Cross:ylsuper:

Being picked to be one of the better teams and actually being one of them are two completely different things. Just ask Michigan! :sssh: :lol:

One thing we have to realize in Northern Ky. In class A and AA we have the very best teams in the state right here. Dayton, Ludlow and Bellevue all could beat the majority of A school around the state. FC you are correct in that these teams would split if they played more than once.

One thing we have to realize in Northern Ky. In class A and AA we have the very best teams in the state right here. Dayton, Ludlow and Bellevue all could beat the majority of A school around the state. FC you are correct in that these teams would split if they played more than once.

:thumb:

very true... it was extremely evident, especially in the first half that Ludlow was daring Dayton to throw the ball and it took a whole quarter before they started doing it... Young was hit on a real nice slant, or maybe a post not sure, and Ellis and Trimnell ran the "scramble drill" to perfection once. I still am of the opinion they have to find a way to get Young the ball more and get him to the open field.... he always makes things happen when he gets touches... and half of them he goes and gets himself with INT's...

:thumb: It seemed like both coaches waited a little long to adjust to what the other defense was doing. Ludlow early in the 1st could have been running the ball more, but kept trying to pass into Dayton defense who was dropping just about everyyone back. And Dayton for some reason as you said, kept trying to run when Ludlow was just daring Dayton to throw it. It wasn't until the 2nd quarter when both coaches made adjustments. I think if one of the coaches would have made that adjustment early in the 1st quarter, we would have seen one of the team actually go out and get a nice little lead...

I also agree with you on Young, from what I seen he is definitely a guy that needs to get the ball in his hands more, because he does make things happen when he has it...:thumb:

He had pressure in his face from the snap middle backer came unblocked. He had no time to look off or check other options. He was hit as he threw which resulted in the short throw.

Congrats to Dayton on a huge win! :thumb:

If he came unblock, tuck it and chalk that play up as an L and live to see the next one at 2nd and 15... he may have been hit but the pass was still ill advised...

If he came unblock, tuck it and chalk that play up as an L and live to see the next one at 2nd and 15... he may have been hit but the pass was still ill advised...

If he would have taken the sack it would have been 2nd and 25 because remember they called a hold on Ludow the play before when they had a 10 yards gain. That holding call right there really hurt the chances of the game winning drive..So I understand why he threw it, because he did have a guy open down field and we had to get alot of yards quick. But he just wasn't able to get enough on it since they had pressure on him. He was in a just tough spot there, because as I said if he takes a sack it would be 2nd and atleast 25 and the clock still rolling...

If he would have taken the sack it would have been 2nd and 25 because remember they called a hold on Ludow the play before when they had a 10 yards gain. That holding call right there really hurt the chances of the game winning drive..So I understand why he threw it, because he did have a guy open down field and we had to get alot of yards quick. But he just wasn't able to get enough on it since they had pressure on him. He was in a just tough spot there, because as I said if he takes a sack it would be 2nd and atleast 25 and the clock still rolling...

I was talking about the interception on the first play of the game... Am I thinking the wrong one?

nevermind... I confused myself I think... it's late...

I was talking about the interception on the first play of the game... Am I thinking the wrong one?

nevermind... I confused myself I think... it's late...

The interception on the first play of the game, I believe he had time. He just made a bad read and the Dayton guy was there to step in front and pick it. The last interception which decided the game was when he was falling back with pressure and just threw it up there...

I have also heard a rumor today that on the last play of the first half when Ludlow threw a hail mary Rouse hurt his left wrist and it may be broken. I think he is going to try to keep playing with it this season though, but it could be something that will be troublesome for him as the season goes on...

The interception on the first play of the game, I believe he had time. He just made a bad read and the Dayton guy was there to step in front and pick it. The last interception which decided the game was when he was falling back with pressure and just threw it up there...

I have also heard a rumor today that on the last play of the first half when Ludlow threw a hail mary Rouse hurt his left wrist and it may be broken. I think he is going to try to keep playing with it this season though, but it could be something that will be troublesome for him as the season goes on...

He actually hurt it early on in the second quarter. Thats when he appeared to stop using it to do ne thing. Whether or not its broken, i have no idea.

I agree, if you look at 1A in NKY, there is no doubt in my mind it is one of the strongest classes in the state. I've always liked watching smaller schools over the bigger ones because you get to see these kids play their hearts out everyday.

Yes, NKY has some of the best A and AA schools in the area, but I don't think that Dayton, Ludlow, Bellevue, or Bishop Brossart could compete with most of the A teams in the state. Maybe 50 percent of them or a little less.