Everything posted by Qwerty1278
-
Bishop Brossart 2014
Probably a combination of a few things. The new coach is a total opposite of in regards to personality and philosophy than Reinhart which probably didn't mesh well for a few boys, lack of commitment from the school to the program (see theater, losing practice field, not having or even consider having a coach in the building,) and the fact that there are a lot of boys at Brossart not interested in playing football. I know moving to 2A hurt a little, but those first 2 years there was around 30 boys on the team...last year what 18? 20?
-
Bishop Brossart 2014
From what I have heard it's not looking good for the mustangs. After struggling with numbers last year I was told there was a meeting held for boys interested in playing football next season; only 8 showed up. I also hear that winter weights were cancelled due to only 4 boys showing up regularly.
-
Cooper/Simon Kenton Predictions
Cooper had 4 minutes and two timeouts. That's plenty of time.
-
Cooper/Simon Kenton Predictions
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the only lineman that goes both ways is #50 I believe. They were also playing another running back... Not sure what his number was but he was a small quick kid. Boone, Campbell, and now SK all have very big offensive lines. Cooper does not. I have noticed that you are all for Cooper platooning. Who would you replace and with who would you replace them? From what I have heard the junior class is less than impressive are you going to put more sophomores in there over kids who have been in the system for 3 years now? This isn't pee wee football or even freshman or JV ball for the matter. Varsity football the best kids see the field. It's how it was when I played, it's how it was when my father played, and I'm sure that's how it's going to be. As a family member of someone on the team I know that this staff always puts the kids giving the best effort on the field. I'm not sure if you're just a disgruntled parent or what... but maybe you should take matters up with the head coach. You seem to have a lot of good ideas that I'm sure they would be willing to use. I just can't seem to question a group of coaches who in 5 years took a team from new school to state. Must just be Hellbird and myself though.
-
Ryle 17 Cooper 10
It's the oldest cliche in the book but is very true when it comes to football. "If it were easy, everyone would do it."
-
Ryle 17 Cooper 10
I think overall school numbers would put them there. I could be very wrong though.
-
Ryle 17 Cooper 10
Cooper's numbers right now would put them as a 4A school not a 5A school.
-
Top 10 Preseason Northern Kentucky Poll
Please don't be fooled by my number of posts. I have been on this site for a long time just as a different name.
-
Top 10 Preseason Northern Kentucky Poll
Has a lot to do with it. Public schools have classes that come in waves. You will get exceptionally good classes some years, and then a few years later you don't have as much talent. It happens. Private schools are at an advantage in they can replenish easier than a public school when they do not have district restrictions and what not.
-
Top 10 Preseason Northern Kentucky Poll
It's public school football. Just because you have 50 athletes on the team, it doesn't mean they are all in fact athletes.
-
Cooper Jaguars
Might have been one of the biggest crowds I was a part of last year.
-
Randy Borchers talks Cooper Football 2013
Says the video is private.
-
7 on 7 at Campbell County 7-18
Oh I know it is. Trust me I've heard it too and if this kid is transferring in, wow. I'm sure any coach is going to be thrilled about a kid coming into their program that is going on visits to Auburn and NC.
-
7 on 7 at Campbell County 7-18
I've known Coach Borchers for a long time now and he's a smart guy. He won't say a thing about a transfer, get excited about a transfer, or worry about a transfer until that kids paperwork is filled out, he's officially enrolled, and he is standing on the field in pads. Until then, he worries about what he has to work with in front of him.
-
7 on 7 at Campbell County 7-18
Good luck getting a word about any transfer from Coach Borchers until the kid is enrolled in school.
-
Cooper 2013
Do not sleep on this Cooper team. While they did lose some great playmakers, they return a lot of players who can make an impact. Coach Borchers not only does a great job of getting the most out of his athletes but his assistants as well. This in turn makes for better assistants and kids that are better prepared. Borchers is a coach that grades you as how good he knows you can be and not on how good you are. Cooper will be competitive and do just fine this year.
-
Lloyd Looking for a New Head Coach
Offense fills the stands... defense wins championships.
-
Who will be the top 5 teams in NKY this season?
I'm assuming the QB for Cooper next year will be Ludwig.. If that's the case, the kid may not be the most athletic kid on the field but he will by far be the smartest kid on the field.
-
Does Dave Wirth want out of CovCath?
Yea no way a coach is ever going to tell someone in the community he is applying for another job.
-
Does Dave Wirth want out of CovCath?
Kings, Turpin.. No cake walk in Division 2.
-
Rick Thompson leaving Boone County for MSJ
Ever since Hilvert left to take TM job MSJ has slowly declined.
-
Rick Thompson leaving Boone County for MSJ
What have the been of recent though? When was the last time they won the bridge bowl against Thomas More? TM beat them 72-6 this past season. Gotta beat your rivals before you can consider yourself good.
-
Newport Central Catholic 49 St. Henry 34 (9th Region All "A" Finals)
Congrats to Coach Stoll and his team. I know some people doubted him because of how young he is and how he had to follow in the footsteps of a great coach and it seems he has kept NewCath in their winning ways. Keep it up!
-
Is Eddie Eviston out at Newport Central Catholic?
Spoke with Coach Borchers and he has 0 interest in the NCC job.
-
Open jobs already
According to the open jobs description on khsaa.org it looks like they foresee a possible PE/Health opening.