Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 2014

Featured Replies

What does Bishop Brossart need to do to improve in 2014? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good coaches. Need more kids to come out and play. I wish the Mustangs luck

I agree. Brossart's biggest obstacle is the # of boys walking the halls that are not going out for football.

I agree. Brossart's biggest obstacle is the # of boys walking the halls that are not going out for football.

 

Curious to know from an insider how the relationship with the team and their new coach was.

FtN, I hope you aren't asking me as an insider. Nothing could be further from reality there! I am just a casual observer of their program but hopefully someone who knows more can come along and enlighten us. I haven't heard anything at all about the new coaching staff, good or bad.

I can't speak of the relationships, but I know Coach Teegarden has put together a very good coaching staff.

Heard a number of incoming freshman in the high 30's to low 40's. If that is the case doesn't bode well for the football team or school's future.

I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say the school's future is in jeopardy. Numbers in classes fluctuate all the time.

One, maybe two more years and football at Brossart will be gone.

Curious to know from an insider how the relationship with the team and their new coach was.

 

From what I have heard it's not looking good for the mustangs. After struggling with numbers last year I was told there was a meeting held for boys interested in playing football next season; only 8 showed up. I also hear that winter weights were cancelled due to only 4 boys showing up regularly.

I think Brossart should consider dropping out of the 2A district this year and play a pared back non-district schedule of 7 games. Then with re-classification next year if they qualify for 1A they would have a better chance to survive as a program. Sure it leaves the 2A district teams with 1 less game but you have to do what you have to do.

Sounds like they won't have enough players for any option. That's too bad.

They were doing pretty good for awhile. Having a winning record a few years ago. How did it drop off so fast?

Probably a combination of a few things. The new coach is a total opposite of in regards to personality and philosophy than Reinhart which probably didn't mesh well for a few boys, lack of commitment from the school to the program (see theater, losing practice field, not having or even consider having a coach in the building,) and the fact that there are a lot of boys at Brossart not interested in playing football. I know moving to 2A hurt a little, but those first 2 years there was around 30 boys on the team...last year what 18? 20?

Curious to know from an insider how the relationship with the team and their new coach was.

 

I think your question, in an indirect way, has been answered.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.