"Noise Cancelling" Headphones - Really???

cooperstown

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went with the $179 white Dre Solos. Not the $400 Pro ones that she undoubtedly would have preferred and were "definitely worth the money", but think she'll be happy. She also recommended we get the higher grade iPad because that, too, is apparently well worth the added expense.

I have no doubt she will be happy with the Solos. Much less bulky, more streamlined appearance. From what I can tell, the sound quality is essentially the same as well.

If she doesn't approve, you can always pull the old man card and act like you didn't know there was a difference. :D

Here's a couple of cool bonus features the Beats come with:

Built-in Mic for Hands-Free Calls and Online Chats

ControlTalk's built-in mic lets you talk hands-free on your iPhone or music phone. It works with online voice or video chats on iPod® touch or iPhone®.

Control iPod and iPhone the Easy Way

ControlTalk™ gives you on-cable playback control of your iPod or iPhone, including pause, next track and volume.

So I was kind of laughing at this thread last week, who in their right mind spends that much on a pair of headphones. I'm no longer laughing, the wife informed me she bought our son a pair for Xmas. :irked:

Hopefully you don't have joint bank accounts.

This is marketing at its finest. Why have we reverted back to over-sized headphones for people? I know that fashion tends to circulate, but technology typically evolves.
They are WAY more comfortable (at least for me) and I like the sound better. DJ's and audophiles never really went away from them. Dr Dre just helped bring them into the mainstream.

They are WAY more comfortable (at least for me) and I like the sound better. DJ's and audophiles never really went away from them. Dr Dre just helped bring them into the mainstream.
Sure, but you are talking about a select segment of society. If I am out in public I do not want to take an additional case with me to pack over-sized headphones. Satellite phones are good for some people, but there is a reason we do not use them. Maybe not the best analogy, but the best I can come up with this early.

Sure, but you are talking about a select segment of society. If I am out in public I do not want to take an additional case with me to pack over-sized headphones. Satellite phones are good for some people, but there is a reason we do not use them. Maybe not the best analogy, but the best I can come up with this early.
I have no issues packing mine around. I listen to music all day at work and got tired of having crap headphones and ear buds are very uncomfortable to me after about an hour.