"Noise Cancelling" Headphones - Really???

cooperstown

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are Dre Solo Beats headphones that do basically the same thing for about half the cost. Apple Store has them for $199. As far as the iPad, I'm using one right now. My computer is now used for word processing only and that's because I want my data stored there.

I haven't picked up my computer since I got my IPad. :thumb:

The Beats put out incredible sound. Well worth the price. Go to Best Buy and test drive them all. No comparison IMO. When kids want a certain item or brand, most times, the imitation will fall short.

Every time. I'd get her the solos if she was set on the beats. Plus they don't look as dumb.

The Beats put out incredible sound. Well worth the price. Go to Best Buy and test drive them all. No comparison IMO. When kids want a certain item or brand, most times, the imitation will fall short.

Agreed, I think she probably wants them for the brand name as much as any thing. Break the bank and be done with it(glad I'm not a parent).

There is a saying....buy nice, don't buy twice. In this case, buy what your daughter wants, not something similar and have her not ever use it.

FWIW....Consumer Reports just did something about the headphones. Basically said while Beats were a quality headphone, you can get the same quality with other, cheaper brands. They actually said the more expensive Beats underperformed when compared to cheaper versions of the same brand.

I actually bought my little sister a pair of Beats Solos for Christmas this year. Price on Amazon is $179. The sound quality really is quite incredible, and believe me when I say that noise canceling technology is NOT a marketing ploy. The technology allows you to listen to music at a lower level without having to hear distractions of the world around you. As others have said, an imitation will fall short in her eyes.

I'd go with the Beats Solos... Half the price, same brand, same quality as the $400 pair. Personally, I think they look better as well.

Went with the $179 white Dre Solos. Not the $400 Pro ones that she undoubtedly would have preferred and were "definitely worth the money", but think she'll be happy. She also recommended we get the higher grade iPad because that, too, is apparently well worth the added expense.