"Noise Cancelling" Headphones - Really???

cooperstown

^

Watch a basketball game live, any level, AAU also...when a team walks into the gym half of them(at least)have on Beats by Dre. I guarantee it. Those headphones have taken on a life of their own and now everyone has to have them. All my kids want them.

Went to my nephews middle school game on Saturday and there were several kids wearing them. I wanted to find their parents and smack em in the head.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are WAY more comfortable (at least for me) and I like the sound better. DJ's and audophiles never really went away from them. Dr Dre just helped bring them into the mainstream.

Man, I have to laugh at myself when I read stuff like this, as it tends to reinforce how "un-cool" I must be. Dr. Dre would fit into my personal definition of mainstream about as well as John Kerry or the Sex Pistols. In fact, when I saw this item on my daughter's infinitely-long Christmas list, I can't say I really even recongized the name. After I did a little research on the product, I vaguely recalled that he was some rapper in the past. Guess he's done well for himself branching out into the audio accessories line. I thought the $179 set was a semi-reasonable compromise to her request for the $400 ones, but we'll see. She is getting the better iPad, so hopefully that will overcome any possible headphone disappointment. :sssh:

Here's a couple of cool bonus features the Beats come with:

Built-in Mic for Hands-Free Calls and Online Chats

ControlTalk's built-in mic lets you talk hands-free on your iPhone or music phone. It works with online voice or video chats on iPod® touch or iPhone®.

Control iPod and iPhone the Easy Way

ControlTalk™ gives you on-cable playback control of your iPod or iPhone, including pause, next track and volume.

I did see that Controltalk feature on the box. So I can probably assume that between listening to her music with the headphones on and also being able to use her phone with them on, there really will be minimal opportunity to communicate with her while she's in the house. I suppose I could always call her phone. Kind of a shame - seems like I was buying her Barbie doll crap just a few short years ago.

Man, I have to laugh at myself when I read stuff like this, as it tends to reinforce how "un-cool" I must be. Dr. Dre would fit into my personal definition of mainstream about as well as John Kerry or the Sex Pistols. In fact, when I saw this item on my daughter's infinitely-long Christmas list, I can't say I really even recongized the name. After I did a little research on the product, I vaguely recalled that he was some rapper in the past. Guess he's done well for himself branching out into the audio accessories line. I thought the $179 set was a semi-reasonable compromise to her request for the $400 ones, but we'll see. She is getting the better iPad, so hopefully that will overcome any possible headphone disappointment. :sssh:

Dr. Dre was(is) one of the greatest rap producers ever and part of the marketing campaign is his name on the headphones and the other part is that they are "engineered by Dr. Dre to emulate the sound of the music in the studio bringing the highest quality sound from the studio into your ears."

Your kid gets Beats by Dre AND the better iPad? Got room for an overgrown (ahem) 16 year old male? I'll bring my own food.

Dad...... :D

Dr. Dre was(is) one of the greatest rap producers ever and part of the marketing campaign is his name on the headphones and the other part is that they are "engineered by Dr. Dre to emulate the sound of the music in the studio bringing the highest quality sound from the studio into your ears."

Your kid gets Beats by Dre AND the better iPad? Got room for an overgrown (ahem) 16 year old male? I'll bring my own food.

Dad...... :D

:lol: Have to talk to Mom. She's the one who feels there is a unlimited budget this year. (Actually, daughter is 18 and I suppose can use iPad at college next year, so somewhat pragmatic, I guess).