KHSAA Where are you?!!!!

sportsfan41

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry, what it seems you are saying is that Trinity is TOO successful and therefore should be punished for that success by being banished from KHSAA competition .

No, he isn't saying that. It wasn't but 2 years ago and Trinity was just an after thougth to Louisville X.:D

Alot can change in just a few years.

ALL highlands players have a Ft. Thomas area code? Would love to see this clarified. Understand they have a $5000 fee for out of district students but how many do they have? If they have many this would discredit the"we just work harder than you or it starts with our youth program" theories. SP) Does all the football players for Trinity pay the same for schooling as a normal student and if not where is the money coming from? I mentioned this before about Trinity in a different thread and thought you Rock people where going to have a heart attack! I'm with larry, If Trinity was a prep school, I would love to see them do well nationally.

If they have many this would discredit the"we just work harder than you or it starts with our youth program" theories.
Sorry, but no matter how much nonsense people come up with, they'll never discredit thoose two simple facts of life.

To answer your question: Yes, all of our players live in the 859 area code. :cool:

I am here to tell you that yes it is okay. You say it's about the kids. Sorry, I don't believe you. For you it's about your kids. Our kids started the season with the same record as your kids. Through a combination of talent and hard work they are where they are. People say that their kids and coaches work just as hard as ours do. I have no reason to doubt what they say so I'll accept it. Does your school administration work as hard as ours? Do your alumni? Does your entire community? Kick our kids out because you refuse to do what it takes so that your kids can keep up? Not a chance. You don't like it? Too bad. When your community starts working as hard to give your kids advantages as ours does, then I'll feel sorry for you if the results are the same. Until then, live with it or get better.

Oak Hills, and there is nothing wrong with that, I like your comment, "its about my kids". I guess you know my heart. 1st Samuel 16:7, I guess you hear me discuss this with people/coaches/fans/parents from both sides, just feel free to put out here whats in MY mind. "Live with it or get better", how about a level playing field?

I've been on this for several years and yes I have kids at Male, and to be honest if I had girls at Atherton, I'd still be on this subject. And Don't feel sorry for me, you don't have statewide people asking questions about my school. Check some other sites out, this isn't the only one in the state.

Sorry, but no matter how much nonsense people come up with, they'll never discredit thoose two simple facts of life.

To answer your question: Yes, all of our players live in the 859 area code. :cool:

Not everyone can attend every single practice for their kid, well I can. The times when these folks use the "work harder comments" is an insult to the kids/coaches /parents and they just want to use this when they are not at practices. Even my son who all he does is kick, this kid never left practice or missed one. He was there for everything and believe me our kids worked hard. But Birdie, I cannot change their minds and they cannot change mine on this issue.

Not everyone can attend every single practice for their kid, well I can. The times when these folks use the "work harder comments" is an insult to the kids/coaches /parents and they just want to use this when they are not at practices. Even my son who all he does is kick, this kid never left practice or missed one. He was there for everything and believe me our kids worked hard. But Birdie, I cannot change their minds and they cannot change mine on this issue.
I think they're referring to the program as a whole, and it isn't an insult -- it's very true. Well, at least it has a lot more to do with it than silly comments some were making about where players live or perceived advantages. Most of these comments come from people who follow programs that simply refuse to step up their game with hard work, involvement and sacrifice.

I am amazed that the jealousy of Highlands and Trinity is still so prevalent in a thread that started out with nothing to do with Trinity or Highlands. Am I the only person not affiliated with Trinity or Highlands who thinks they run clean and successful programs with kids in this state and that their success is a result of a combination of many things that every school is capable of duplicating? I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I lived in Louisville my boys would go to Trinity or St. X. If I lived in NKY my kids would go to Highlands. All three schools are great learning institutions and they all happen to have tremendous football programs. They recruit themselves. At some point people have to let the jealousy and hate go and recognize greatness when we see it. Period. And fwiw, neither of my boys play football but those would be the schools they go to. Fact......

I am amazed that the jealousy of Highlands and Trinity is still so prevalent in a thread that started out with nothing to do with Trinity or Highlands. Am I the only person not affiliated with Trinity or Highlands who thinks they run clean and successful programs with kids in this state and that their success is a result of a combination of many things that every school is capable of duplicating? I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I lived in Louisville my boys would go to Trinity or St. X. If I lived in NKY my kids would go to Highlands. All three schools are great learning institutions and they all happen to have tremendous football programs. They recruit themselves. At some point people have to let the jealousy and hate go and recognize greatness when we see it. Period. And fwiw, neither of my boys play football but those would be the schools they go to. Fact......

That's just great PP but I would love to see some factual answers to these questions without the little cute puns.

After looking at some data(see earlier posts) thought I'd throw this out.

1)As long as there are Public/Private enrollment differences and 'advantages',at least perceived, to be taken at places like Highlands and Beechwood, parity is impossible in KY.

2)The current 6 class system, while letting very weak teams into the playoffs, has also seemingly isolated Trinity & Highlands so that their impact is felt by less teams and opens the door for more teams to enjoy 'success' than ever before.

3)Instead of changing the class system, let's change the playoff system. We've opened the playoffs up, much like basketball, letting near everyone in the year end tourney. After the state CLASS championships, open up a 6 team Championship bracket with the two "super-powers", usually Trinity/StX & Highlands lately, getting the byes on the upper and lower ends. We will get an eventual single state champion just like basketball.

4)Teams can claim their 'class size' championship and each year, one of the lower bracket schools gets a shot at the big dogs much like the basketball teams that revel in their Sweet Sixteen appearances without ever winning a state championship.

4)Rip me if you want but the title of this thread is to the KHSAA. I hate to admit it but after looking at data all yesterday morning, I think they're doing everything they can to get it right.

-They've changed classes from 3A to 4A to 6A.

-They've experimented on the championship game times.

-They've changed the location of the championships.

-They monitor how they assign each school to each class.

-They've let teams play up and try not to let teams play down(the Mercer championship should have an asterisk).

-They poll principals, superintendents, ADs, coaches, designated reps and fans for big decisions.

-They take travel into account before making decisions.

-They change their minds when they find that they were wrong.

-Personally, they've always returned my calls, my emails and addressed EVERY concern I've brought before them ESPECIALLY PERTAINING TO KIDS & A KID.

So to answer the topic of this forum; "KHSAA Where are you? The KHSAA is watching, is listening and they see & hear us.

Oak Hills, and there is nothing wrong with that, I like your comment, "its about my kids". I guess you know my heart. 1st Samuel 16:7, I guess you hear me discuss this with people/coaches/fans/parents from both sides, just feel free to put out here whats in MY mind. "Live with it or get better", how about a level playing field?

I've been on this for several years and yes I have kids at Male, and to be honest if I had girls at Atherton, I'd still be on this subject. And Don't feel sorry for me, you don't have statewide people asking questions about my school. Check some other sites out, this isn't the only one in the state.

Oak Hills is not what we choose to be. It is our choice. If you want to change the mission of Trinity High School so that your kid won't lose a fooball game I suggest you attempt to get a seat on the Trinity Board of Directors and go for it. The playing field is level. All schools operate under the same KHSAA rules. We are successful because we provide the finest high school educational experience available. We work very hard to do that and are very protective of what we have built. Yes, people ask questions. Those questions have been answered. People just don't like the answers. I think it is very simple. If we have built what we have within the rules, that means other people could do the same. If they haven't, it is on them. People don't want to hear that, but it is true.