Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 15)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win.

Most people need to realize that things are never as good as they seem, and things are never as bad as they seem.

I remember they got swept by the Phillies in a 4 gm series last year and a lot were writing them off. The way I see it is they honestly can not play much worse and they're 3 games back. They could VERY easily be one game back if a few breaks would have went their way in the opening game of the series.

People need to take a deep breath, relax , and stop saying the season is over in early July.

^ More of a hunch from John Fay than anything. Hopefully it plays out...

I never thought I would say it but hopefully Edgar stays and Soft J goes if this happens...Edgar is looking pretty good right now...

Since opening day last year: Cordero 84% (57 of 68)/Rivera 86% (54-63).

There should be less angst for Cordero and more appreciation.

I figure that appreciation will come in 2012 when he's not here....and the Reds closer is not saving 85% of the games.

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1RQUpZgd9

I personally think closer's are the most overrated position on a team. But Cordero get's unfairly bashed on here everytime he blows a save. This stat show he does his job very well.

People need to take a deep breath, relax , and stop saying the season is over in early July.I agree that was a big win in that the Reds avoided the sweep. I am disgusted with the way they are playing and if that continues then they can be a long way down with 3 teams to climb over. I can't speak for others but I believe that most comments by others reflect basically the same frustration.

Following up on HT's point about Coco....

Coco is 130/151 with the Reds. Good for an 86% success rate.

Brian Wilson is 151/173 over that same period. Good for an 87% success rate.

Heath Bell is 115/132 over that same period. Good for an 87% success rate.

Seems like he's right on par with the guys that are considered the leagues best....

Big win.

Most people need to realize that things are never as good as they seem, and things are never as bad as they seem.

I remember they got swept by the Phillies in a 4 gm series last year and a lot were writing them off. The way I see it is they honestly can not play much worse and they're 3 games back. They could VERY easily be one game back if a few breaks would have went their way in the opening game of the series.

People need to take a deep breath, relax , and stop saying the season is over in early July.

:thumb: