Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 15)

Guess what ... first place Brewers are 2-19 when scoring less than 3.

The Cardinals are 3-14 when scoring less then 3 runs.

Any time I see a stat, I wonder how it compares to others. No doubt 3-22 is not good but apparently it isn't atrociously bad when comparing it to other teams.

It's not the record. Every team has a bad record when scoring 3 runs or less. It's the number of times they score 3 or less. 8 more than the Cards is a problem.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the record. Every team has a bad record when scoring 3 runs or less. It's the number of times they score 3 or less. 8 more than the Cards is a problem.

How about only 4 more than the Brewers? But we quibble. It is a problem. My only point was that it isn't as huge a difference as it appeared at first blush.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110704/SPORTS07/307040068/1036/sports/Devin-Mesoraco-lifts-Bats-over-Clippers-5-4?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

According to Sweet the D-Train could still be making a stop in St. Louis...It would be great to see how he can fair against Major League pitching now that he has found his form in AAA...He could either really boost the Reds Rotation the second half or even become trade bait if he gets a shot for the Reds and fairs well...Also he brings a pretty big stick for a pitcher, hitting .222 for the Bats and has 8 ML HR's...

How about only 4 more than the Brewers? But we quibble. It is a problem. My only point was that it isn't as huge a difference as it appeared at first blush.

The Brewers are not the team the Reds will ultimately have to beat to win the Central.

Clyde, in case you didn't know the offense is fine because they have more runs scored than the Cardinals.

The Brewers are not the team the Reds will ultimately have to beat to win the Central.
I am not so sure. I personally believe the Brewers could very well win this division. I haven't looked at the schedules to see how many games that the Reds have left head to head with them or what their (Brewers) schedule looks like in the 2nd half but the Brewers could win the Central. jmo

I don't think that the Pirates will play in the 2nd half like they have been and the Cubs, well that is self explanitory. The Cardinals are up and down as well and someone needs to tell the Reds that base hits and scoring runs is legal in this league.

I am not so sure. I personally believe the Brewers could very well win this division. I haven't looked at the schedules to see how many games that the Reds have left head to head with them or what their (Brewers) schedule looks like in the 2nd half but the Brewers could win the Central. jmo

I don't think that the Pirates will play in the 2nd half like they have been and the Cubs, well that is self explanitory. The Cardinals are up and down as well and someone needs to tell the Reds that base hits and scoring runs is legal in this league.

I find it hard to take a team seriously that's as terrible on the road as the Brewers.