July 4, 201115 yr They're not do or die, but this can be a week they die. It's really hard to pass 3 teams. If they fall back more than 5 games and they're in 4th after this week it will take a great post all star break run just to be in a race.It's not like any of those three teams are very good ...
July 4, 201115 yr . They're not do or die, but this can be a week they die. It's really hard to pass 3 teams. If they fall back more than 5 games and they're in 4th after this week it will take a great post all star break run just to be in a race. One thing that that the Reds have in their favor is that the division is not all that good. Should anyone separate themselves from the rest then I think it would be the Brewers.
July 4, 201115 yr One thing that that the Reds have in their favor is that the division is not all that good. Should anyone separate themselves from the rest then I think it would be the Brewers. I agree. I think that either the Central comes down to the last couple of games with 2-3 teams in it or the Brewers win it by 5 games. I don't think the Cardinals, Pirates or Reds are capable of winning it comfortably this season.
July 4, 201115 yr Lewis LF Phillips 2B Votto 1B Rolen 3B Bruce RF Henandez C Stubbs CF Renteria SS Cueto P Not sure why Dusty doesn't let Cairo play SS. He gives you way more at the plate and has at least the same range as Renteria. I know he hasn't played SS that much is the past but it would give them more offense. Edited July 4, 201115 yr by HammerTime
July 4, 201115 yr One thing that that the Reds have in their favor is that the division is not all that good. Should anyone separate themselves from the rest then I think it would be the Brewers. Agreed and the Brewers could put some distance between themselves and the Reds this week
July 4, 201115 yr Al Hrabosky, ever the tactful one, calls GABP "somewhat of a joke" during tonight's broadcast.
July 5, 201115 yr Just speculation at this point but Willis was scratched from his start today late and a Bats announcer thinks he is on his way to join the Reds...
July 5, 201115 yr Just speculation at this point but Willis was scratched from his start today late and a Bats announcer thinks he is on his way to join the Reds... For who?
July 5, 201115 yr Al Hrabosky, ever the tactful one, calls GABP "somewhat of a joke" during tonight's broadcast. Based on what?
July 5, 201115 yr Based on what?I think it was in terms of its tendency to favor the hitter ... I think this came after Rick Horton characterized Busch Stadium as a "fairer" ballpark.
July 5, 201115 yr Earlier in the game, one of the Reds (Hernandez, maybe) failed to tag up at second on the fly ball that Jay made an over-the-shoulder catch in right, and it may have cost the Reds a run. Rasmus tagged on the deep fly ball to Stubbs and it paid off with the first run of the game.
July 5, 201115 yr Earlier in the game, one of the Reds (Hernandez, maybe) failed to tag up at second on the fly ball that Jay made an over-the-shoulder catch in right, and it may have cost the Reds a run. Rasmus tagged on the deep fly ball to Stubbs and it paid off with the first run of the game. He wouldn't have scored from 3rd anyway but I agree he should have tagged up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.