Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 15)

They're not do or die, but this can be a week they die. It's really hard to pass 3 teams. If they fall back more than 5 games and they're in 4th after this week it will take a great post all star break run just to be in a race.
It's not like any of those three teams are very good ...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not do or die, but this can be a week they die. It's really hard to pass 3 teams. If they fall back more than 5 games and they're in 4th after this week it will take a great post all star break run just to be in a race.

One thing that that the Reds have in their favor is that the division is not all that good. Should anyone separate themselves from the rest then I think it would be the Brewers.

One thing that that the Reds have in their favor is that the division is not all that good. Should anyone separate themselves from the rest then I think it would be the Brewers.

I agree. I think that either the Central comes down to the last couple of games with 2-3 teams in it or the Brewers win it by 5 games. I don't think the Cardinals, Pirates or Reds are capable of winning it comfortably this season.

Lewis LF

Phillips 2B

Votto 1B

Rolen 3B

Bruce RF

Henandez C

Stubbs CF

Renteria SS

Cueto P

Not sure why Dusty doesn't let Cairo play SS. He gives you way more at the plate and has at least the same range as Renteria. I know he hasn't played SS that much is the past but it would give them more offense.

Edited by HammerTime

Agreed and the Brewers could put some distance between themselves and the Reds this week

Earlier in the game, one of the Reds (Hernandez, maybe) failed to tag up at second on the fly ball that Jay made an over-the-shoulder catch in right, and it may have cost the Reds a run.

Rasmus tagged on the deep fly ball to Stubbs and it paid off with the first run of the game.

Earlier in the game, one of the Reds (Hernandez, maybe) failed to tag up at second on the fly ball that Jay made an over-the-shoulder catch in right, and it may have cost the Reds a run.

Rasmus tagged on the deep fly ball to Stubbs and it paid off with the first run of the game.

He wouldn't have scored from 3rd anyway but I agree he should have tagged up.