Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 15)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willis will get the nod sunday according to Dusty...He could be a huge addition, many teams have been interested in trading for him...He is actually in his prime and has found the strike zone again so far which is what plagued him the last few years...His k to bb ratio looks good as does his flyball to groundball ratio...Another interesting thing is his fb is sitting at 94-95 this year which is up from recent years...

Let's see him do it against big league hitters before getting too excited. Edinson looked good while at Louisville too. Willis still had a pretty pedestrian WHIP against minor leaguers.

I wouldn't say there's no chance. Jocketty even mentioned Chapman as a possible closer of the future this spring. Also Chapman is, right now, a 2 pitch pitcher--fastball and slider. Although both of those pitches can be devastating it is tough to get by as a starter with 2 pitches. Also, isn't Massett an unrestricted free agent after 2012? Wouldn't it make sense to keep him as a setup man to keep his price down in case they want to resign him? I don't think it is a lock by any means that Chapman is in the rotation next season.

Agreed. I'd be shocked if Massett closes next year. It makes zero sense to let him close unless they plan on letting him leave.

Let's see him do it against big league hitters before getting too excited. Edinson looked good while at Louisville too. Willis still had a pretty pedestrian WHIP against minor leaguers.

O agreed but im just saying he is as close to his old cy young caliber self as he ever has been...He has been rocked in aaa before so he his doing something right by not getting rocked this year I would say...

O agreed but im just saying he is as close to his old cy young caliber self as he ever has been...He has been rocked in aaa before so he his doing something right by not getting rocked this year I would say...

He only performed at that high of a level for 1 season in the big leagues....he was good his rookie year, not great but good. He was excellent his 3rd season but outside of that year he has been a .500 pitcher with very average stats. It would be good if he can just keep them in games and eat some innings. I wouldn't look for him to be anywhere near an All-Star level pitcher. Of course, as bad as Volquez and Arroyo have been a .500 pitcher with a 4.00 ERA looks pretty good.

I love him already. Having a great debut.

Same D as Soft J but better pop and speed, no brainer...im with you I like him a lot...hopefully he continues to get on for our catching duo because they are both pretty clutch...

Ouch. That was a rocket by Weeks. I'm watching the Red Sox-Orioles on my laptop. Ortiz, Reddick and Salty just went back to back to back. I turned on the Reds game and saw Weeks hit one out.....does that count as back to back to back to back since I'm watching 2 games?