Selection Sunday Thread

DragonFire

I can't speak for the Koun. :lol: How does it make sense that they are a 2 seed when UK is a 4 and they have beat them 2 times? Not an issues with the seed for UK just for FL.

Don't misread me here. I don't think Florida deserves a 2 seed either. I'm just saying the level of outrage is bigger because of them being a higher seed than UK.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UL resume

Beat Notre Dame

Beat UCONN twice and lost a championship on a missed free throw

Beat Syracuse

Beat Pittsburgh

What does that get ya? a stinking 4 SEED! and you have to play an instate team 100 miles from you and travel 500 miles to play them...this is just CRAZY!!!

Don't misread me here. I don't think Florida deserves a 2 seed either. I'm just saying the level of outrage is bigger because of them being a higher seed than UK.

UK got the seed they deserved. No way Florida is one of the top 8 teams in the country, as their #2 seed implies.

Who so you have coming out of the bottom part of this bracket?

If you are referring to the Southeast, at this point I'm guessing, not picking the winner between Kansas State and Utah State or Pitt. I need more time before declaring an actual pick.

I don't see how everyone thinks UK deserved the LOWEST 4 seed. It seemed to be pretty unanimous among the analysts that UK had worked their way to a 3 seed with recent play, a high 4 seed at worst. 9 RPI and 9 SOS. Yet we're the #16 team? We were ranked #16 before the SEC tourney even started if I remember correctly. Beat Ole Miss, a solid Bama team, and "2 seed" UF to a pulp. How does that not improve our ranking. The committee says our ranking slid? I'm just not seeing it. I'm sorry if this makes me seem like a major homer, but to me facts are facts and we earned a higher seeding than the lowest 4 seed.

I also think UL got hosed. They definitely deserved a 3 seed. Their resume is very, very impressive.

I can't remember complaining about a selection show but this one is pathetic! The worst one I ever remember. Makes me wonder if they had a dart board and a bunch of bourbon. Take a shot, grab a dart! Who ya got? Florida? Ok see if you can hit the 4. Nope 2 it is. Who's next? Purdue...

Garbage that he said the seedings were determined yesterday. Why have conference tournaments? Like Bilas said, zero accomplishments were rewarded. Terrible job by the committee. Why did Smith refer to Florida as the #4 seed when discussing them? Strange. UK got "jobbed", period.