Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selection Sunday Thread

Featured Replies

I can't speak for the Koun. :lol: How does it make sense that they are a 2 seed when UK is a 4 and they have beat them 2 times? Not an issues with the seed for UK just for FL.

 

Don't misread me here. I don't think Florida deserves a 2 seed either. I'm just saying the level of outrage is bigger because of them being a higher seed than UK.

  • Replies 317
  • Views 40k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't misread me here. I don't think Florida deserves a 2 seed either. I'm just saying the level of outrage is bigger because of them being a higher seed than UK.

 

Maybe for some but not from me.

UL resume

Beat Notre Dame

Beat UCONN twice and lost a championship on a missed free throw

Beat Syracuse

Beat Pittsburgh

What does that get ya? a stinking 4 SEED! and you have to play an instate team 100 miles from you and travel 500 miles to play them...this is just CRAZY!!!

Don't misread me here. I don't think Florida deserves a 2 seed either. I'm just saying the level of outrage is bigger because of them being a higher seed than UK.

 

UK got the seed they deserved. No way Florida is one of the top 8 teams in the country, as their #2 seed implies.

Who so you have coming out of the bottom part of this bracket?

 

If you are referring to the Southeast, at this point I'm guessing, not picking the winner between Kansas State and Utah State or Pitt. I need more time before declaring an actual pick.

I don't see how everyone thinks UK deserved the LOWEST 4 seed. It seemed to be pretty unanimous among the analysts that UK had worked their way to a 3 seed with recent play, a high 4 seed at worst. 9 RPI and 9 SOS. Yet we're the #16 team? We were ranked #16 before the SEC tourney even started if I remember correctly. Beat Ole Miss, a solid Bama team, and "2 seed" UF to a pulp. How does that not improve our ranking. The committee says our ranking slid? I'm just not seeing it. I'm sorry if this makes me seem like a major homer, but to me facts are facts and we earned a higher seeding than the lowest 4 seed.

 

I also think UL got hosed. They definitely deserved a 3 seed. Their resume is very, very impressive.

I can't remember complaining about a selection show but this one is pathetic! The worst one I ever remember. Makes me wonder if they had a dart board and a bunch of bourbon. Take a shot, grab a dart! Who ya got? Florida? Ok see if you can hit the 4. Nope 2 it is. Who's next? Purdue...

UK as a 4 seems right to me. That means they're 13 to 16. Sounds right.

Smith said the seeding was determined yesterday.

 

Didn't he also say he trusts Jim Tre$$el explicitly??

UK as a 4 seems right to me. That means they're 13 to 16. Sounds right.

 

Based on the fact that they are in the bracket with #1 overall seed then you have to assume they are 16.

 

Everyone is up in arms about Florida but how about Syracuse? They are a joke of a 3 seed.

UK as a 4 seems right to me. That means they're 13 to 16. Sounds right.

 

If you don't count the conference tournament the I agree completely.

Quite obvious these brackets were made up weeks ago--"Recency" and conference tourney success (or lack thereof) obviously meant nothing?? Guess Smith was too busy covering Tre$$el's behind to make any changes??

 

its pretty obvious that the past week meant nothing

Garbage that he said the seedings were determined yesterday. Why have conference tournaments? Like Bilas said, zero accomplishments were rewarded. Terrible job by the committee. Why did Smith refer to Florida as the #4 seed when discussing them? Strange. UK got "jobbed", period.

UK got the seed they deserved. No way Florida is one of the top 8 teams in the country, as their #2 seed implies.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.