Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selection Sunday Thread

Featured Replies

It helped UConn immensely.

 

With almost all rules there are exceptions. This team is the exception.

  • Replies 317
  • Views 40k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's try this again. It's already cost some posters their posting privileges tonight.

 

 

Some of you need to go back, and read this thread. We've had posters suspended before for posting Puke, O$U, UsucK, among other things. Let's not see it anymore.

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showth...ment-MUST-READ

With two pods getting Big East teams that could meet in the 2nd round they pretty much tossed the rules out the window. Seed it 1-64 if that's the case and just deal with how it comes out...

So let me get it straight. It's based on the entire body of work except for UCONN and in their case they were seeded based on Maui and the Big East Tournament. Everything in between didn't count for much. Remember they finished the regular season with a .500 league record and finished 9th in the league.

So let me get it straight. It's based on the entire body of work except for UCONN and in their case they were seeded based on Maui and the Big East Tournament. Everything in between didn't count for much. Remember they finished the regular season with a .500 league record and finished 9th in the league.

 

UConn is too high at 3 but , yes, it did help them.

 

Rule meet exception.

With two pods getting Big East teams that could meet in the 2nd round they pretty much tossed the rules out the window. Seed it 1-64 if that's the case and just deal with how it comes out...

 

 

:thumb::thumb: I agree, but it would be 1-68 now. :D

With two pods getting Big East teams that could meet in the 2nd round they pretty much tossed the rules out the window. Seed it 1-64 if that's the case and just deal with how it comes out...

 

Why they don't do that blows my mind anyway.

Can someone explain UL being seeded lower than Syracuse and UConn? I realize that UConn beat UL in the tourney finals, but that did not matter in other cases.

Can someone explain UL being seeded lower than Syracuse and UConn? I realize that UConn beat UL in the tourney finals, but that did not matter in other cases.

 

I can. Gene Smith is incompetent.

ESPN says the West is tougher than the East bracket. Don't really see it.

I will quickly point out the only few oddities I saw from the brackets.

 

First, Ohio State is ranked #1 #1. Meaning they are best #1. Is UNC really worst #2?? Would this suggest Syracuse is best #3? And then would that suggest UK is worst #4 making us a #16 overall??

 

Kansas is #2 of the #1's. Does that mean Notre Dame who until a day or two ago was a #1 in manys eyes is now second worst #2? Then Purdue must be just a little better than Syracuse as #3's? And of course Louisville in the comittees eyes is better than UK at #4?

Anyways, first thing I thought of all this bracketing.

 

Next, I think yesterday I could have believed Florida was a #2 seed. Not a strong one then, but a #2 seed. Today, after UK beat them very handidly, Florida was looking more like a mediocre 3 seed and possibly a 4. Winning the SEC regular season helps, but with ugly preconference losses, lots of close in conference wins, and struggles through the SEC tournament, Florida is a very low #2 in my eyes.

 

My comment to this whole rant is this, after Ohio State and Kansas, teams 3-16 are so even that frankly any one of these teams could be a 2, 3, 4 seed and I'd probably not bat an eye. Okay, maybe Pitt or Duke being a 3 or 4 would be a little high, but honestly other than those two, every other team in this bunch could slide up or down if you look at different aspects of their games and different times in their seasons.

 

Now the bubbles busting. Alabama got hurt. Poor early non conference play killed them. No real quality wins stunk. Yet I struggle in conference to claim that Tennessee or Georgia were that much better. Or Clemson or Florida State. I mean honestly, Auburn beat Florida State. Yes I know Alabama had to play Auburn (a simply miserable team) twice, but at least they beat them both times. They also beat Georgia and Tennessee. Look, I hate Tennessee as much as the next UK fan, but honestly, even when I look at them objectively I am stunned. They beat Pitt and 'Nova early. Belmont and VCU wins help. Still, they lost to Charlotte and College of Charleston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were miserable in SEC play. I don't care if they didn't have their coach for 8 games. They were 5-3 in that time, 4-6 since. Yes, they played UK and Florida for 4 of those losses. They aren't good.

 

Otherwise, Colorado, V-Tech, St. Mary's all didn't get in, I'm not real hurt by this. I mean, I'm not sure Clemson is necessarily better Florida State, but at this point, we are splitting hairs. In the end, I guess my frustration with Alabama is that they won the SEC West and truely could have almost won the SEC Regular Season, instead they don't make the tourny for early season scheduling and bad losses.

ESPN says the West is tougher than the East bracket. Don't really see it.

 

The East is far and away the toughest bracket of the four; if Ohio State is the last team standing, they will be well beyond battle tested and should be ready for anything else.

Watchu talkin about Willis :lol:

Watchu talkin about Willis :lol:

 

LOL thats the exact same words that popped in my head when I saw Jones face in that pic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.