Zeke Pike named to the 2012 US Army All American Bowl

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be cool if Zeke picked a SEC school. Him and Towles going at it again for another 4 years. Sweet!!!

Fully realizing you never know what the real truth it despite what recruiting guys say some speculate that "leaders" are Arkansas, Auburn, Iowa, and Michigan. That means he'll pick Floria.:D

BTW, Scout just put out their first 2012 rankings. Pike came in as a 4 star & the #3 QB in the class overall. But, they have only given out a handful of 5 stars right now, so this kid could easily get one on their site if he has a good summer. Pretty cool.

BTW, Scout just put out their first 2012 rankings. Pike came in as a 4 star & the #3 QB in the class overall. But, they have only given out a handful of 5 stars right now, so this kid could easily get one on their site if he has a good summer. Pretty cool.

They way it works for the army game is you have to be selected to play, which pike was. He was selected for both the US Army game and the Under Armour game but similar to college you must sign a letter of intent and commit to the game. I know Pike has signed that letter and will be playing in the US Army game next year. The army game is Rivals affiliated and the Under Armour is ESPN affiliated.

Can't wait to watch these 2012 prospects in Pike, Towels, D. Bruns, Elliot, and Cohorn in NKY this season should be filled with excitement and great ball games.

They way it works for the army game is you have to be selected to play, which pike was. He was selected for both the US Army game and the Under Armour game but similar to college you must sign a letter of intent and commit to the game. I know Pike has signed that letter and will be playing in the US Army game next year. The army game is Rivals affiliated and the Under Armour is ESPN affiliated.

Can't wait to watch these 2012 prospects in Pike, Towels, D. Bruns, Elliot, and Cohorn in NKY this season should be filled with excitement and great ball games.

No doubt. I expect for Pike to be a 5 Star on Rivals and a 4 star on ESPN.

Cohorn? Is he getting some D1 attention? I haven't heard anything about that.

Zeke Pike will not take one snap under center at a Big Time division 1 college football program. You can take that to the bank. He will be an all conference TE or DE but will not do it at the Quarterback position.

]]Zeke Pike will not take one snap under center at a Big Time division 1 college football program[/b][/b]. You can take that to the bank. He will be an all conference TE or DE but will not do it at the Quarterback position.

You may want to hurry up and get ahold of the 40 Division 1 head coaches who have offered him at quarterback before it's too late...lol.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=feldman_bruce&id=6299990

"Top QB recruiting battles for 2012

3. Zeke Pike, Dixie Heights High School (Kentucky)

Teams in the mix: Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, Clemson Tigers, Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Bulldogs, Iowa Hawkeyes, Michigan Wolverines, North Carolina Tar Heels, Purdue Boilermakers, Tennessee Volunteers

Like Kiel, Pike has an NFL pedigree. His dad, Mark, spent 12 seasons playing for the Buffalo Bills after leaving Georgia Tech. The younger Pike drew some offers based on the film his dad sent out after Zeke's sophomore season as a JV quarterback. The Pikes also were pretty active going out and visiting campuses while Zeke took part in one-day college camps, showing off his arm and his 6-foot-5, 230-pound frame.

Mark said his son's stock really seemed to jump last summer after he competed with a makeshift 7-on-7 team called the Goon Squad at Michigan, on which one of his teammates was Kiel. The team won the whole tournament and the buzz around both QBs grew.

The college coaches I spoke to this week were enamored not only with Pike's size but also his athleticism and temperament. "He's the type of kid where, if he does make a mistake, he won't hang his head about it," said one college recruiter.

Pike, who has been polishing up his footwork and fundamentals with former Cincinnati QB Dustin Grutza, said the recruiting process has been hectic. He's on break next week, and he and his dad will be road-tripping to Tennessee, Georgia, FSU, Clemson and Auburn. He's already been to Arkansas and Michigan in recent weeks. Pike gave both schools very high marks. "What was most intriguing about Michigan is that they don't have a pro-style quarterback, and if I went there Denard [Robinson] would be a senior, " Pike said. "So I could play a little as a freshman and possibly be a three-year starter." As for Arkansas, Pike said he loves Bobby Petrino's system and thinks the Hogs could be a national title team in two years.

Pike said he wants to play in a pro-style offense, but that doesn't mean you should count out teams deemed as spread attacks, such as Auburn. "Coach [Gus] Malzahn is great about adapting to what he has," Pike said, using Chris Todd and the Tigers 2009 offense as his example.

He conceded that he keeps an eye on the other top QBs "a little bit" and speculated that Winston may end up at LSU, FSU or Clemson and that Kiel is going to end up at Notre Dame.

Pike isn't in a hurry to make a move. "Hopefully, by the summer, I'll have a top five," he said. He and his dad said they've been told by some schools that if another QB wants to commit, "we'll call you first because that's how much we want you." The younger Pike said he was told that by North Carolina, Clemson, Auburn, Arkansas, Purdue, Michigan and Iowa. But he said he's not worried about whether a team has a young starting QB or just signed a blue-chip prospect. "I really am willing to go anywhere to compete against anybody," he said"

Zeke Pike will not take one snap under center at a Big Time division 1 college football program. You can take that to the bank. He will be an all conference TE or DE but will not do it at the Quarterback position.

Let it go. It worked out for everyone.

Zeke certainly raised some eyebrows this weekend when it was reported that he was ejected from his 7-on-7 tourney for........throwing a ball at the official. The guy from Fox Sports that tweeted it said it wasn't "malicious" and that it should have "just been a 15 yrd penalty." I'm having trouble picturing this.

Zeke certainly raised some eyebrows this weekend when it was reported that he was ejected from his 7-on-7 tourney for........throwing a ball at the official. The guy from Fox Sports that tweeted it said it wasn't "malicious" and that it should have "just been a 15 yrd penalty." I'm having trouble picturing this.

Yikes. Thrown out in 7-on-7? Never heard of that one.