Zeke Pike named to the 2012 US Army All American Bowl

Have you ever seen Patrick Towles or even JJ Jude from JC. both of those are very good players. I also do not recall seeing either of those 2 kids getting thrown out of a game. Which brings up a great question if he tossed from his last game this year will he be ineligible for this game?

First things first. Pike was Given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that was on Handlon there OT and when he received his only true penalty it was labeled his second by misunderstanding! If Towles was better why did Pike throw for 300yds and 3 tds along with 2 rushing tds against highlands? Is that not head to head comparison with probally less talent around him. I think there both exceptional high school quarterbacks but there's no question Pike is better and I think that has to do with mechanics, size, arm strength, decision making, and footwork. There both going to be successful colegic players!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean give him a break. I never said anything negative about the young man. Just the facts!! He has a great frame and a lot of potential but at some point people will get to know the real Zeke. I wish him the best of luck!!

Do tell ! (The real Zeke ? )

First things first. Pike was Given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that was on Handlon there OT and when he received his only true penalty it was labeled his second by misunderstanding! If Towles was better why did Pike throw for 300yds and 3 tds along with 2 rushing tds against highlands? Is that not head to head comparison with probally less talent around him. I think there both exceptional high school quarterbacks but there's no question Pike is better and I think that has to do with mechanics, size, arm strength, decision making, and footwork. There both going to be successful colegic players!

Towles doesn't play defense , that's why !

Your dreaming! Elliot can run for 200 yards a game and get 5 touchdowns and also play all over the place on defense and get a sack, force a fumble and a interception! Elliot can do it all!

JJ Jude might be better on defense than he is on offense. When the Birds played JC in the playoff game JJ was all over the place. The kid is a player...

Exactly. Pike played defense and still had a better performance than Towels I just think with highlands there's more talent around him! That will change this year.:sssh:

Pike was surrounded by just as much talent on the field, if not more, as Towles last season. As for your reference to the upcoming season, we can have that discussion once the Dixie 2011 and Highlands 2011 threads have been started. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Saying Pike was a top 100 player was misleading. He came in the top 30 players overall, which is even better!!! That is a huge accomplishment, especially for a Kentucky QB. I'm happy for this young man, I can't wait to watch him in college.

I also saw where Dorial Green-Beckham was the #1 player. I've read he is the real deal.