Zeke Pike named to the 2012 US Army All American Bowl

Have you ever seen Patrick Towles or even JJ Jude from JC. both of those are very good players. I also do not recall seeing either of those 2 kids getting thrown out of a game. Which brings up a great question if he tossed from his last game this year will he be ineligible for this game?

What does that have to do with how good he is and the 2012 Army All America Bowl ?

Give Zeke a break , he is a great player that made a little mistake , we all make mistakes !

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was what I heard also but then someone else said he has to sit out his next football game because he was a junior and will be returning next football season. If he was a senior, he would have sat out the next varsity game in whatever sport he played next.

You are correct.

That was what I heard also but then someone else said he has to sit out his next football game because he was a junior and will be returning next football season. If he was a senior, he would have sat out the next varsity game in whatever sport he played next.

If that's the case I sure hope Dixie has a game before they play Highlands in the 2nd week of the 2011 season so we'll be able to see the much anticipated match up between Highlands and Dixie

If that's the case I sure hope Dixie has a game before they play Highlands in the 2nd week of the 2011 season so we'll be able to see the much anticipated match up between Highlands and Dixie

They do. I think they play NC again to open the season.

I agree 100%.

If there is a better football player in the state of KY than Zeke Pike, I sure would like to see him.

You might want to watch the running back that plays for Ryle pretty sure he is the best in the state!

What does that have to do with how good he is and the 2012 Army All America Bowl ?

Give Zeke a break , he is a great player that made a little mistake , we all make mistakes !

What do you mean give him a break. I never said anything negative about the young man. Just the facts!! He has a great frame and a lot of potential but at some point people will get to know the real Zeke.

I wish him the best of luck!!

I agree 100%.

If there is a better football player in the state of KY than Zeke Pike, I sure would like to see him.

I'll keep in mind that you didn't say Zeke is the best football player in the State of Kentucky, only that if there is a better one, you'd like to see him. Actually one would have to watch every player play multiple games against comparable competition to really have a firm opinion on who is the best football player in the state. And even then, it would be a flawed assessment. Way too many variables and intangibles involved. Having a strong supporting cast makes some players look better than others. Conversely, being the only playmaker on a team whose number gets repeatedly called can tip the scale in that player's favor when compared with a player on another team that has other playmakers. I remember reading a couple of years ago people commenting that Collinsworth wasn't as good as hyped because his stats weren't great and he didn't get the ball very much. Some of those folks really ate their words after the state game when Collinsworth got a lot of opportunities to show his talents and abilities. The quality and style of coaching can also have a big impact on one's assessment of the best football player. Some coaches put kids in positions that will best help a kid's individual performance; other coaches but kids in positions that will best help the team's performance which masks those kids talents and abilities.

But the long and the short of it is that Zeke is an exceptional high school football player and a whole lot of college recruiters think he'll be an impact college player. I'm sure that's good enough for Zeke.

Have you ever seen Patrick Towles or even JJ Jude from JC. both of those are very good players. I also do not recall seeing either of those 2 kids getting thrown out of a game. Which brings up a great question if he tossed from his last game this year will he be ineligible for this game?

Seen them both. Both are very good but IMO, Pike is better.

I'll keep in mind that you didn't say Zeke is the best football player in the State of Kentucky, only that if there is a better one, you'd like to see him. Actually one would have to watch every player play multiple games against comparable competition to really have a firm opinion on who is the best football player in the state. And even then, it would be a flawed assessment. Way too many variables and intangibles involved. Having a strong supporting cast makes some players look better than others. Conversely, being the only playmaker on a team whose number gets repeatedly called can tip the scale in that player's favor when compared with a player on another team that has other playmakers. I remember reading a couple of years ago people commenting that Collinsworth wasn't as good as hyped because his stats weren't great and he didn't get the ball very much. Some of those folks really ate their words after the state game when Collinsworth got a lot of opportunities to show his talents and abilities. The quality and style of coaching can also have a big impact on one's assessment of the best football player. Some coaches put kids in positions that will best help a kid's individual performance; other coaches but kids in positions that will best help the team's performance which masks those kids talents and abilities.

But the long and the short of it is that Zeke is an exceptional high school football player and a whole lot of college recruiters think he'll be an impact college player. I'm sure that's good enough for Zeke.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I would say Pike is head and shoulders better than the talent around him. Probably no one from any other team is as valuable to their respective team as Pike. I'll just leave iot at that.