Dixie Heights 55 Highlands 45

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should have been a chest pass instead of a bounce pass...The bounce pass is hard to handle in that situation...

Really???????? The pass was right on the money and should have been a layup. Chest pass could not be made from the position that the ball was in at the time it was passed.

I thought that the Birds showed a lot of heart and courage in the game tonight. Thought they struggled with the size of the floor in the first half as they struggled to get back on D and gave up too many easy baskets. Extended their defense in the second half and were very successful with it. Really wish that Highlands would get rid of that 1-3-1 zone as it does nothing but result in three point baskets. Still do not understand the timeout call with the ball, momentum and a 4 point deficit. Let them play and see what happens. A little too much coaching in that situation IMO especially when you have 4 seniors on the floor and a fifth player that has played in two state championship football games.

Kind of got off the beaten path. Hats off to the Blue Birds. It could have been their night. Great coaching..great kids. Stewart is a wonderful kid both on and off the court!

Stewart isn't the only wonderful kid off and on the court!

I thought that the Birds showed a lot of heart and courage in the game tonight. Thought they struggled with the size of the floor in the first half as they struggled to get back on D and gave up too many easy baskets. Extended their defense in the second half and were very successful with it. Really wish that Highlands would get rid of that 1-3-1 zone as it does nothing but result in three point baskets. Still do not understand the timeout call with the ball, momentum and a 4 point deficit. Let them play and see what happens. A little too much coaching in that situation IMO especially when you have 4 seniors on the floor and a fifth player that has played in two state championship football games.

Thought the same. Look at me, I have been to, I don't know, 2 games and I'm posting about HHS basketball like I know anything. HAHAHAHA!!! Oh well, it was an exciting game. A lot nicer crowd than last night. Ryle forgot their fan base. Very good turnout for both squads.

I'd give them the edge over Holmes' backcourt.

Holmes is not too shabby and on any given day it may be a battle, but I think the edge is in favor of Dixie when it comes to perimeter shooting. Chris Hayes is an awesome player for Holmes and would give anybody fits.

Holmes fan or not, I'd say the head to head match up proved which duo was better. Hatton had his worst shooting night of his career while Hayes and Gray were lighting the opposition up.

This one is still playing though, so not much can be said.

Does anyone know the earliest a 9th Region player has reached his 1000th point? Doing this as a Freshman is downright amazing! While we're on the topic, who would be the top 5 9th Region all time scorers? I'm thinking that Scott Draud takes the Number 1 honors in the 9th, but who's likely to be 2,3,4, & 5?

I would assume that would be Jamie Walz but then I guess you are talking male here. Jamie scored an amazing 4948 pts over 6 seasons (1991-1996) and she is the top ranked in Ky. history. She is #10 nationally all time with 3872 since they only recognize high school years which means she had 1076 pts in the 7th and 8th grade. Scott Draud is the leading scorer in 9th region history with 2865 pts but he scored about 2000 of those in his jr. and sr. years so that means he didn't reach 1,000 until early in his junior year.