February 16, 201115 yr They just emailed me back: Thank you for your e-mail. The use of varying camera angles is part of a larger weeklong initiative to give fans different perspectives of coverage via new and innovative production techniques and enhancements. While some fans are enjoying the different perspectives, we realize that some are not. We will be sure to provide all of the feedback we receive to our Producers for their review. Sincerely, Eric ESPN Viewer Response That was cool you got a response. The night before was the double box camera showing Frank Martin and Bill Self. Throw something out there until it sticks I guess.
February 16, 201115 yr Author They just emailed me back: Thank you for your e-mail. The use of varying camera angles is part of a larger weeklong initiative to give fans different perspectives of coverage via new and innovative production techniques and enhancements. While some fans are enjoying the different perspectives, we realize that some are not. We will be sure to provide all of the feedback we receive to our Producers for their review. Sincerely, Eric ESPN Viewer Response I got the same response myself.
February 16, 201115 yr Mitch Barnhart says that UK will not allow the camera to be mounted at that spot ever again.
February 16, 201115 yr Mitch Barnhart says that UK will not allow the camera to be mounted at that spot ever again. I love it...but if ESPN chooses to stick with this and Barnhart doesn't allow it. Would we lose some ESPN coverage? Probably too many "what ifs" to even matter lol.
February 16, 201115 yr I missed the game and it wasn't shown on the highlights I watched, but finally Googled it, and YIKES that was bad.
February 17, 201115 yr Horrible coverage. If there were one or two shots (like coverage from the blimp at a football game that is viewed for a few seconds a couple of times per game) it would be no big deal. But, to use that shot in the regular rotation of cameras - -Horrible.
February 17, 201115 yr I hated it with a passion. When Vargas missed that dunk I stood up cheering because I thought he had flushed it. Then I was even madder because I had hopes he had finished his first dunk of the year. Lol. It really was terrible. The midcourt cam is a great thing. No need to change it.
February 17, 201115 yr That angle was terrible for a broadcast but for replays and scouting I'm sure it's a very good tool.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.