Camera angle used in the Ky. / Miss. State game

EZ Living

Terrible angle to watch from... If I wanted to watch the game from from the upper arena I would have gone to the game... Coaches might like the angle to review plays though..

I think it is ideal for replays, but not for viewing as we had to endure. Most of it, imo, has to do with it being that we are not used to it.

I think it is ideal for replays, but not for viewing as we had to endure. Most of it, imo, has to do with it being that we are not used to it.

I agree, seeing a replay from that angle is pretty cool. Actually game play is just a bad idea in my opinion.

I did my part and sent in a concern/complaint.

ESPN's facebook page was covered in complaints. Its definitely an interesting replay angle, but has no place for live action. Its difficult to read jerseys, impossible to see if a shot is going in, difficult to see fouls. Just bad all around.

IIRC they tried to use another odd camera angle once last year. I can't remember if it was the backboard cam, or a floor left camera though.

There's simply no need to mess with the elevated mid court camera. Its perfect.

They just emailed me back:

Thank you for your e-mail.

The use of varying camera angles is part of a larger weeklong initiative to give fans different perspectives of coverage via new and innovative production techniques and enhancements. While some fans are enjoying the different perspectives, we realize that some are not. We will be sure to provide all of the feedback we receive to our Producers for their review.

Sincerely,

Eric

ESPN Viewer Response