So the Miami Heat aren't that good.

HT721

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weakness at PG and C are for real. I do think it's too early to write this team off though, seeing as how they've played together for 9 games. They may not have enough of a team yet to take down Boston or LA in the playoffs, but I would guess that they will be much better by then.

The weakness at PG and C are for real. I do think it's too early to write this team off though, seeing as how they've played together for 9 games. They may not have enough of a team yet to take down Boston or LA in the playoffs, but I would guess that they will be much better by then.

Exactly. They will be fine. Do not forget Wade missed the preseason due to injury and it will take some time to build some cohesion. They may not be the favorites by seasons end, but they will be one of the better teams in the NBA.

Only thing I have concluded, which is not really much of a shock, is that Chris Bosh had everyone duped in to believing he was a prime time post presence. 2 and a 1/2 men sum up the Miami experiment.

I think the weakness at PG could be overcome if they were better in the paint.

A few thoughts...

1. I too believe the Heat will ultimately have a pretty strong season. However, that's relative...what is considered a strong season for this team? If they end up with somewhere around 60 wins and lose in the conference finals, is that success? Fair or not, the bar for this team is a championship. They set that themselves. I don't think they can beat a healthy LA or Boston.

2. I don't think Lebron, Wade and Bosh complement each other that well. Two of them (Wade and Lebron) would be fine. But, Bosh at the 4 is supposed to be the inside presence. The problem is that Bosh is more of a face-up, one-on-one type guy. He's not a guy who posts with his back to the basket and demands attention. I certainly think they can adjust and work together, but I'm not convinced they can do that and maximize their talent (if that makes sense).

Nine games into the season with two losses to a great Celtics team is way early to write them off though. Maybe this team needs to be humbled a little bit to hit its stride. For all the talk about how hard they worked prior to the season and how focused they were, I get a sense of arrogance from them sometimes, as if regardless of what was said, they did think it would come easy.

They'll be a tough out come playoff time though...dangerous for anyone if their stars get rolling.

I think some of you are forgetting that Mike Miller is out with an injury right now. When he comes back in January, the Heat will be fine.

It's 9 games in to the season. Come on guys. You're all better than that.

Boston kind of cruised through the season last year and look at where they were in the playoffs.

The Heat will get better as the season progresses. They'll finish, at worst, #2 in the final Eastern Conference standings.