Trinity vs Boone Co.

50inarow

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rediculous remarks like this that give a team's fans a bad reputation. Fortunately, I know that this is a very isolated case and not indicative of the Rocks or their fans.

Unfortunately for me I didn't follow a lot of Trinity games or their fans' remarks. I apologize to the majority if I let the few influence my perception of the many.

It's rediculous remarks like this that give a team's fans a bad reputation. Fortunately, I know that this is a very isolated case and not indicative of the Rocks or their fans.

How are any of those remarks "rediculous"? I would bet that you are wrong about what our fans think also. Every fan expects the Rocks to dominate the opposition at this point in the season. Why? Because for the most part the Rocks have done so. I've spent enough time around a number of Highlands fans to know that they don't have an abundance of humility, nor should they. I visited with some Bird fans at this years game with X, they expected to win. That isn't cocky. They weren't bashful, they came right out and said it. In this game Friday I expect Trinity win, and win big. This is based on the records of the teams this year. Trinity's ability to pass. Boone's inability to stop the pass. The site. The history of the series between the two teams. How can anyone look at this game and see it any other way? If so, quit making personal attacks on me and make your case for why Boone will win.

I stand by all three of the comments that you isolated. I await your rebuttal.

For the record, I have asked you and thers for how you hope to have an outcome Friday that is different than the "past", you have declined but to state that Boone will "exploit" Trinity's defensive front. Checking stats tells me that its the same old Boone, what am I missing? And yes, I do expect a few blowouts in the playoffs. Why shouldn't I, for the most part that is what has happened in the past few years. One ight loss to Dixie doesn't change all that. The any given Friday comment is true, NKY had theirs last year against Trinity in the second round now its back to business. Quite frankly, I think the Rocks defeated a team for the second time Friday that would have won your district with reative ease. Enjoy your pep rally and the trip down to Louisville because your season will end Friday.

Also for the record I'm not the one calling this discussion "stupid" or anyone an "idiot".

Back off your cocky comments because they are cocky. I am glad the Rocks know they are going to dominate and destroy a Boone County team. Boone does stand little chance to win. However, I think your cockiness will cool down a little bit when you run into that other team from Louisville.

Its ok to have fun and faith in your team but try to do it with some dignity. You are crossing the line taking shots at Boone and NKY.

How are any of those remarks "rediculous"? I would bet that you are wrong about what our fans think also. Every fan expects the Rocks to dominate the opposition at this point in the season. Why? Because for the most part the Rocks have done so. I've spent enough time around a number of Highlands fans to know that they don't have an abundance of humility, nor should they. I visited with some Bird fans at this years game with X, they expected to win.

If so, quit making personal attacks on me and make your case for why Boone will win.

I stand by all three of the comments that you isolated. I await your rebuttal.

First of all LSURock, I made no personal attack toward you. As I'm sure you well know by now, this would be a violation of BGP rules.

As for your other remarks, I would say you are making an incorrect connection between confidence and arrogance. It's a fine line and easy to cross. Sure, there are probably some Highlands fans who take their deserved confidence too far. And it appears there are one or two Trinity folks with a simillar tendancy. I never catagorize a whole group of fans by the words of just one. I would hope you would do the same.

But...

No fan that was respectful of their opponent would make a comment such as, "It isn't like Trinity and Boone have some storied rivalry, Trinity owns Boone"

Most fans wouldn't make broad (and incorrect) generalizations, such as, "I just think that for the most part NKY teams play power run football"

It's hard to say where the fine line between confidence and irritating arrogance lies; but you can be fairly certain it lies somewhere around the point that one makes a statement like this:

FYI, its pretty sad that in all of NKY 4A your only claim to fame is a 14-10 win over the Rocks. You guys need to act like it wasn't such a big deal and maybe the rest of us will think that it may happen again sometime. :rolleyes:

First of all LSURock, I made no personal attack toward you. As I'm sure you well know by now, this would be a violation of BGP rules.

As for your other remarks, I would say you are making an incorrect connection between confidence and arrogance. It's a fine line and easy to cross. Sure, there are probably some Highlands fans who take their deserved confidence too far. And it appears there are one or two Trinity folks with a simillar tendancy. I never catagorize a whole group of fans by the words of just one. I would hope you would do the same.

No fan that was respectful of their opponent would make a comment such as, "It isn't like Trinity and Boone have some storied rivalry, Trinity owns Boone"

Most fans wouldn't make broad (and incorrect) generalizations, such as, "I just think that for the most part NKY teams play power run football"

It's hard to say where the fine line between confidence and irritating arrogance lies; but you can be fairly certain it lies somewhere around the point that one makes a statement like this:

FYI, its pretty sad that in all of NKY 4A your only claim to fame is a 14-10 win over the Rocks. You guys need to act like it wasn't such a big deal and maybe the rest of us will think that it may happen again sometime. :rolleyes:

Well said.. and I might add Highlands a 3A power have very respectfull fans. I look at the Highlands fans like I do the St. X fans.

Well said.. and I might add Highlands a 3A power have very respectfull fans. I look at the Highlands fans like I do the St. X fans.

And I would add that all the NKY fans from Holy Cross to Campbell County have good fans. However, no fan base is immune from a few arrogant posters who could be better informed and BGP seems to attract a fair share.

That said, I don't think LSURock's posts were over the top. Boone has to be considered a heavy underdog. They have a one dimensional offense, rely on sophmores at key positions, usually don't defense the pass well, and are playing in Louisville. I predicited Boone would have a solid year after the season opening loss to CovCath when many did not. I think they have had that solid season, but the end of the road is most likely here.

But...

As far as the connection between confidence and arrogance. You are stating your opinion. I look at arrogance as unfounded over confidence and lack of respect of your opponent. None of that is true about my statements. Its not like I'm claiming that Boone can't win only that its unlikey. I'm not suggesting that Trinity should take the week off because no preparation is needed. I know that for any team to be playing at this point thay must have beaten somebody, therefore they could beat you. I realize all this.

Point one. How would prefer in politically correct terms to state this? I believe that Trinity has defeated Boone in every game they have ever played. Including one where Boone was a double digit favorite. At some point a team can rightfully say that they "own" this team. I don't think you dispute the claim, just the words.

Point two. It has been my experience with NKY 4A football teams that they play a run oriented type of football. Some have stepped out of this mold but I think my assessment is correct for the most part. Dixie had a good QB in 02' named O'Toole who threw it pretty well but they were hardly "Air Dixie" spreading the field going five wide out of the gun. They mixed in enough passes to keep you honest and came as close as any NKY 4A team to upset the Rocks until last years squad. There have been many posters on here over the past few weeks from NKY that have said this same thing. If you feel I'm wrong please provide some info, it sure looked like Boone was a running offense against Ballard.

Point three. It is pretty sad if that is the claim to fame for the entire district. It shouldn't be. They have done more in the past than this one upset. Yet, from now on Trinity should beware of the teams from NKY or otherwise you might get whiped like you did in 04'. I don't recall any humility overload on the part of Highlands fans entering their title game rematch with Boyle last year. I was there and there was plenty of smack being thrown around. I guess they didn't get the memo. The fact is, Trinity played a bad game at the wrong time. Our QB tossed three int.s in the red zone. Dixie stepped up and won the game. I payed them proper respect at the time and still do to this day (ask Sandman32). However, I think its kind of "comical" to have Boone County fans post that comparative scores, history and records don't matter at this point but the fact that some other team in your district pulled an upset last season

somehow does.

I thought after last season, you Trinity boosters would have learned your lesson. How soon people forget.

I am not as bold or boisterous as LSU, but one game does not make NKY world beaters...we still hold quite an impressive resume against you folks...With that, I think this will be competitive for most of the first half, but the wheels will fall off in the third quarter..we will win handily, IMO...

for now:

Rocks - 42

Rebels - 20

:lol: It's comical how cocky you guys actually are. You would think that Dixie last year would humble you. If you think the ROCKS will roll big, be ready for a rude awakening.

We will always accept defeat....But you would think that years of NKY subordination to us, would make for you guys to stay HUMBLE.

You also mentioned that it is hard to make a case for a BC victory over Trinity. Was it just as hard to make that case for Dixie last year? What most football fans like myself want to hear from Trinity fans is not only that your team is a a super offensive squad and that they will roll big. Tell us non Trinity followers why. It would be nice to hear more of a discussion of what the Trinity fans think the team needs to do to win, besides just showing up. What has made the team successful in the past seven games? Does the pass open up the run or vice versa? What was Trinity's failures against MBA and X? Were these self inflicted or was Trinity not good enough to win? Tell us how you expect Trinity will execute the game plan to roll over BC.

Let me give you a tidbit on this one.

Trinity runs a spread offense, most everyone knows that, what most don't know is that we run/pass/screen almost to an equal amount. That works in our favor, in the passing game we are fairly equal in left, right, short, long , sideline, and middle passes. We make a very cogniscant effort to make our game as equally diverse as possible. That makes us hard to handle. now, why do I think that we will beat Boone?

Offensively (for Trintiy):

We run the stretch, a lot, that allows for Donald and Blayne to run DOWNHILL on the edge....Boone is certainly better on the interior of their defense. Passing wise, Boone has played some man, and even rolled their safeties up. if they choose to do that against us, you may reference the 2001 and 2002 Trinity -vs- Male tapes (roughly 900 yards passing, and about 11 TDs through the air). Now, I think that Boone will stay in their Cover-2 defense and allow for Kircher to catch some balls across the middle, while trying to not give up the deep ball. After a healthy dose of this, the defense generally can not help but to cheat up, with that a bubble screen to Orndorff and he is to the house, he'll likely be the fastest player on the field.

Defensively (for Trintiy):

Our passing D is certainly our strong suit, with that, we won't be as concerned with that, which, in turn will allow us to stunt much more often. Our defense has fixed a lot of the problems we faced against X and Manual (which I certainly feel posessed better backfields than Boone), besides we also had to respect their passing of the ball, Boone shows that we certainly don't have to be overly concerned with the pass. With our backers and ends stunting more, you will see a lot of your RBs get popped in the backfield. but like anything else, if you were to run the ball 40-50 times, you are bound to make some plays.

Special Teams (for Trinity):

I know nothing of Boone's, but ours is VERY TOP NOTCH.....

Coaching (for Trinity):

I would go with Beatty over Thompson....