Trinity vs Boone Co.

50inarow

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the roster a couple of things stuck out. 70 players but only 13 seniors and 37 sophmores. Any reason why the team is so dominated by sophmores? I know Farris is no longer the QB, but does he play defense as well? He is listed as a DB.

Its good to see that Rocky Bleier is still in the game, geez he must be pretty old by now. :lol:

13 seniors and 37 sophomores, so this is going to be a great experience for our squad win or lose, you will be seeing a lot more of these Rebels.

I get the Rocky Bleier reference, but in reference to the game, he has started since his sophomore year but hasn't played since I believe the Ryle game. He was a great blocker, my guess is that he won't play Friday.

Boone has lost to Ryle, 40-22, and then Ryle lost to Fern Creek that Trinity has defeated twice this year (38-7, 38-13). Boone also lost to Simon Kenton, a team the Rocks beat 52-0. Finally, the Rebels managed to lose to a 3-7 Conner team just weeks ago. Conner didn't even qualify for the post-season. Anyway you cut it, its hard to make a case for a Boone victory. They seem to be a one demensional team on offense, which isn't a formula for success against a team like Trinity. I would also question Boone's ability to control the Rocks offense. If any Boone boosters have any info to counter, please feel free to chime in. But I just don't see it.

Rocks win!!!

I don't think any of this matters come play-off time. You keep saying boone is one demensional on offense, while that may be true they do have a passing game. They just don't have to use it very often. Dixie learned the hard way, Boone County CAN pass the ball when the run is not working.

With all that being said I wish the Rebles luck in Louisville, remember any thing can happen in the play-offs, but I think the Rocks pull this one out.

:laugh: Great reasoning. Get a clue!!!

Great response, for the record I would like to see a good game and the pebbles be pushed.....

when you say get a clue do you me I am wrong that Boone has ever won a big game over t or X

I have respect for Boone, but their 2005 record makes this game seem like another Jeffferson County victory.

Yes you did play X and T close a few times before each school opened the offensive floodgates and began winning not just from great D.

I would have to say that if anyone is being cocky its the Boone Rebels. Why wouldn't I think the Rocks will roll big? I ask for someone to tell me how Boone hopes to beat the Rocks. All I get is that Boone will run up the gut, well surprise, surprise. I think we all saw that coming. How does this one sophmore stack up to the potent running attack of Miles Davis and James Brown of a couple of years ago? Not well I'm guessing.Lots of yards in that game against the Rocks but not many points. Isn't it funny how those one demensional teams get clogged up down in the red zone. I have a feeling that Boone will lose and lose big.

Have you seen any tapes on Farris? Have you seen the numbers that he has put up in the last two games? Or even the numbers which were put up at RB after only being there for half of the season. This kid may be a SOPH by age, but when he hits the field, his ability and heart shows to be far older and experienced. Your in for a rude awakening to think that he won't show you why people have been talking about him all this time. I'm sure Boone County will put up a good fight. And just a lil insider for you. There is a different Offensive Cordinator at Boone than when Brown and Davis was there. Up the gutt maybe, but this team can be down the sideline on you before you know it as well. Im sure Trinity is fast, strong, and mature at every position on the field. But don't under-estimate this young Boone county squad or you might have your hands full. Good Luck Rebels!!!

Great response, for the record I would like to see a good game and the pebbles be pushed.....

when you say get a clue do you me I am wrong that Boone has ever won a big game over t or X

I have respect for Boone, but their 2005 record makes this game seem like another Jeffferson County victory.

Yes you did play X and T close a few times before each school opened the offensive floodgates and began winning not just from great D.

You flat out said that you think Trinity will win based on the fact that Boone has never beat them. If thats how you determine who wins games, then I so be it.

How are any of those remarks "rediculous"? I would bet that you are wrong about what our fans think also. Every fan expects the Rocks to dominate the opposition at this point in the season. Why? Because for the most part the Rocks have done so. I've spent enough time around a number of Highlands fans to know that they don't have an abundance of humility, nor should they. I visited with some Bird fans at this years game with X, they expected to win. That isn't cocky. They weren't bashful, they came right out and said it. In this game Friday I expect Trinity win, and win big. This is based on the records of the teams this year. Trinity's ability to pass. Boone's inability to stop the pass. The site. The history of the series between the two teams. How can anyone look at this game and see it any other way? If so, quit making personal attacks on me and make your case for why Boone will win.

I stand by all three of the comments that you isolated. I await your rebuttal.

I for one do understand where you are coming from. I had the fortunate opportunity to play college ball for a team that dominates like your Rock's do. (Just look at the avatar to find out the team and if you still don't know just ask). I experienced the players, coaches, and community have the same attitude that you have right now. It's ok to be passionate and confident in your team. I'm actually glad that you are. I myself am that way towards my team, Conner H.S. I wish more people would act that way towards Conner, it's one factor in building a strong, winning program. So don't let any of my earlier posts seem as an attack on you or Trinity. I have the up most respect for Trinity. If there were a H.S. program that you wanted your own program to immitate, then that would be a great one to choose from. All we as NKY fans ask is that you show us the same respect. Do we always expect to win against the Big III. I answer that in a big fat NO. But we are trying to build something as a whole in our district. I think we are on the verge of doing so. We have some teams that may be just a few short years away from competing with the likes of yourself and St. X.

So to you LSU Rock and the rest of the Trinity faithful on here. We respect you and Trinity. All we ask in return is that you show us the same respect.

:thumb:

(which hasn't always been the case)

Yes, but I think if we don't hound them about it and just get it done on the field we will get it. I am a NKY 4A fan, and I do side with the Louisville 4A followers, primarily the Trinity fans. I will take more than just Dixie beating Trinity one time and are almost won games to garner the respect that they get. But don't worry, we are on the verge of accomplishing such things. It is only a matter of time before we get the respect that we have longed for.