Trinity vs Boone Co.

50inarow

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted this years stats in another thread....After doing these...Trinity looks to be even a bigger favorite to win than I originally thought.

Boone is last is average points scored among the 8 teams left with 26 pergame. Trinity is 2nd with 42.3...big difference!!! Boone is ranked 5th in points allowed per game with 19.8 Trinity is not far away with 14.7 (ranked 3rd) The problem with this is that Trinity's stats are against some top quality teams. They have played top ranked X, highly ranked Manual, and Tenn powerhouse Montgomery Bell. More disturbing is that Boone has the 7th out of 8th ranked pass defense which is going to have to stop Trinity's #2 ranked pass offense. Tall order! Boone does have one heck of a run attack ranked 2nd...going against T's 5th ranked run D. Boone will have to score quick and then play keep away to have any shot....not to mention stepping up their lacking pass D against a very potent T air attack. If T gets up early Boone will have to find a way to improve their 8th ranked 51 yards per game passing attack to keep up. Another tall order against a 3rd ranked pass D. Odds are clearly stacked against Boone....But that's why we play the game!!!

What a surprise, you're talking about when Boone only scored 3 points on Trinity a few years back, I forgot you still have that same team. If you haven't paid any attention to Boone in the past couple years, then let me tell you that the 'power run' isn't the only thing they do anymore. Trinity has owned Boone in the past, and they very well could on Friday, but I don't really think you go into a playoff game expecting a blowout (see Dixie last year). You call me cocky for saying that the Rebels will compete in this game, that is extremely comical.

P.S. - Who's basketball season started earlier last year?

P.S.S. - I'm not going to get into stupid little arguments all week, if I'm an idiot for thinking the Rebels have a chance, then so be it. We must bring our A+ game though, if not, we will be in for a very long night. Good luck to both teams!

For the record, I have asked you and thers for how you hope to have an outcome Friday that is different than the "past", you have declined but to state that Boone will "exploit" Trinity's defensive front. Checking stats tells me that its the same old Boone, what am I missing? And yes, I do expect a few blowouts in the playoffs. Why shouldn't I, for the most part that is what has happened in the past few years. One ight loss to Dixie doesn't change all that. The any given Friday comment is true, NKY had theirs last year against Trinity in the second round now its back to business. Quite frankly, I think the Rocks defeated a team for the second time Friday that would have won your district with reative ease. Enjoy your pep rally and the trip down to Louisville because your season will end Friday.

Also for the record I'm not the one calling this discussion "stupid" or anyone an "idiot".

OK, the Rocks run the ball well and pass well and have great special teams along with superior depth and are at home. That adds up to another Boone defeat.

Thanks for the awesome insight. Can't really say I didn't see this answer coming, though.

I just posted this years stats in another thread....After doing these...Trinity looks to be even a bigger favorite to win than I originally thought.

Boone is last is average points scored among the 8 teams left with 26 pergame. Trinity is 2nd with 42.3...big difference!!! Boone is ranked 5th in points allowed per game with 19.8 Trinity is not far away with 14.7 (ranked 3rd) The problem with this is that Trinity's stats are against some top quality teams. They have played top ranked X, highly ranked Manual, and Tenn powerhouse Montgomery Bell. More disturbing is that Boone has the 7th out of 8th ranked pass defense which is going to have to stop Trinity's #2 ranked pass offense. Tall order! Boone does have one heck of a run attack ranked 2nd...going against T's 5th ranked run D. Boone will have to score quick and then play keep away to have any shot....not to mention stepping up their lacking pass D against a very potent T air attack. If T gets up early Boone will have to find a way to improve their 8th ranked 51 yards per game passing attack to keep up. Another tall order against a 3rd ranked pass D. Odds are clearly stacked against Boone....But that's why we play the game!!!

Thanks, XMan. I'm glad you are willing to help out your Rock buddies and give some insight on this game to those of us who love high school football for what it is...a game. It's nice to see stats, not smack.

It isn't like Trinity and Boone have some storied rivalry, Trinity owns Boone. I have pointed out why I think this is and asked how it will be different this year.

I just think that for the most part NKY teams play power run football and when they play teams that can really spread the field they can't keep up.

FYI, its pretty sad that in all of NKY 4A your only claim to fame is a 14-10 win over the Rocks. You guys need to act like it wasn't such a big deal and maybe the rest of us will think that it may happen again sometime.

It's rediculous remarks like this that give a team's fans a bad reputation. Fortunately, I know that this is a very isolated case and not indicative of the Rocks or their fans.

Trinity indeed runs a first class program and everyone from coaches to players to reps at the school who welcome you are first class. The one or two Trinity posters on BGP who make consistent condescending remarks are in no way indicative of the T program. Heck, I don't think LSU Rock knows he comes across as being condescending. We know that the Trinity coaches and players respect Boone and are preparing for war and that is all that matters. Boone has been up and down during the year and that is to be expected of a young team. Yes, they have some talented players and will give 110% effort. However, Boone's problem will be stopping the Trinity precision passing game. Almost certainly, Boone will start from the 20 every time they receive a kick off and be forced to play a long field. Trinity will win the field position battle. Boone must force 3 or more T turnovers and avoid any miscues IMO in order to pull the upset. I would say something in the range of 42-14 Rocks if both teams play well.

I had to read this thread a couple of times after your comment that the Boone Rebets are being the cocky ones. I don't see it from the Boone fans or, in fact, from anyone that posts from NKY. What I do see is RH saying "Rocks roll" and "stop at Walgreens for Kleenex", you saying "I hope NKY enjoys its last week of 4A football", and SS talking about Trinity's "high octane fast paced offense". Please let me know where I've overlooked the BC cockiness.

You want Boone fans to tell you how they will beat Trinity. Yet the same thing you want from the Boone fans you fail to provide for the non Trinity football fan that wants insight into Trinity for this game. All you talked about in your earlier posts is the record of teams Boone lost to and years that had different players on it than this year's team.

You also mentioned that it is hard to make a case for a BC victory over Trinity. Was it just as hard to make that case for Dixie last year? What most football fans like myself want to hear from Trinity fans is not only that your team is a a super offensive squad and that they will roll big. Tell us non Trinity followers why. It would be nice to hear more of a discussion of what the Trinity fans think the team needs to do to win, besides just showing up. What has made the team successful in the past seven games? Does the pass open up the run or vice versa? What was Trinity's failures against MBA and X? Were these self inflicted or was Trinity not good enough to win? Tell us how you expect Trinity will execute the game plan to roll over BC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat

Yeah, and Trinity had two DI LBs who don't play there any more either;

I think Trinity will win, but as long as Boone doesn't panic on offense and sticks with the game plan, it will certainly be closer than 52-0 of SK or even the 38-13 of Fern Creek.

I thought after last season, you Trinity boosters would have learned your lesson. How soon people forget.

Please read my original thread, I for one don`t read any cockiness in my reply! yes I think that Trinity will win big, I base that on the many adjustments made by the Coaching Staff since the ST. X game and a more focused group of young hungry men. After seeing Boone Co. and Trinity play I can`t see Boone Co.matching up. If I have hurt any Boone Co. fans feelings please forgive me, I will meet any Boone Co. fan Friday Night and welcome them to the ROCK and buy them hot cholate! PEACE OUT!!!

This Rock Fan does not have a short memory! and Coach Beatty does not let his Team forget about the mental meltdown last year. The ROCKS have alot to prove ( as does the Coaching Staff) and they are taking each game one at a time. But at the same token what I have seen of Boone Co. this year their Def. and Off. will have their hands full. This years ROCKS have a group of stronger and more tight knit group of players and leaders than last years !! The team`s drive after the ST. X Game is don`t forget, never forget!!!! I believe that a sleeping GIANT was awakened. Good luck next week and stay safe Boone Count Boys. The ROCKS will roll big time!!!