Smokey Bones in Florence

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the opinion that if you're unhappy you need to let someone in the organization know. I no longer go to Applebee's after some bad experiences. I called the zone manager and left a message but, as expected, never heard back. Organizations will make mistakes. Its how they handle it that will determine if I stay a customer.
:thumb:

If people think they have a complaint, and do not ask for the management and see how they handle it! I was at Buckhead's a few days ago and waiting at the bar before they could seat me, the 10-15 minutes turned into 30 minutes and they never buzzed me. I went to ask why it was taken so long and here I find out they accidentally buzzed the wrong buzzer, I wasn't upset as I was at the bar watching the TVs, but the manager comes up out of nowhere and says they are sorry for the wait and that they wanted to give me a free appetizer. When I told her I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted, she said to get the sampler which was more expensive. It left a great impression of the restaurant in my mind, I will be back!

I agree with the poster who said a truck could have been late or not shown up, someone ordering could have made a mistake, could have been one of a number of reasons.

I'm of the opinion that if you're unhappy you need to let someone in the organization know. I no longer go to Applebee's after some bad experiences. I called the zone manager and left a message but, as expected, never heard back. Organizations will make mistakes. Its how they handle it that will determine if I stay a customer.

:thumb: Couldn't agree more.

:thumb:

If people think they have a complaint, and do not ask for the management and see how they handle it! I was at Buckhead's a few days ago and waiting at the bar before they could seat me, the 10-15 minutes turned into 30 minutes and they never buzzed me. I went to ask why it was taken so long and here I find out they accidentally buzzed the wrong buzzer, I wasn't upset as I was at the bar watching the TVs, but the manager comes up out of nowhere and says they are sorry for the wait and that they wanted to give me a free appetizer. When I told her I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted, she said to get the sampler which was more expensive. It left a great impression of the restaurant in my mind, I will be back!

I agree with the poster who said a truck could have been late or not shown up, someone ordering could have made a mistake, could have been one of a number of reasons.

I am also a firm believer that when you get great service you should let management know. I was at the Frisches in Bellevue the other day with my daughter and the young man that waited on us was very polite, refilled our drinks consistently, checked to make sure the food was good and got our food to us in a timely fashion. I went over to the Manager on the way out and told him that the guy did a great job. He was very thankful and whether or not the mgr says anything to him or not I still think its important.

Another situation I recently had was at LaRosas in Silverton. Went there for lunch with a couple co-workers and me and one guy ordered a large pizza and my other friend ordered a salad and small pizza. We must have waited 20 minutes and had to watch our one friend eat his salad in the meantime. I finally had to flag down another server because ours never came back and I asked to see a manager. The original server came out and put a small pizza in front of us saying that they put the wrong order in and my buddy and I looked at it and kind of smiled. He is 5'11 220 and I am 6'2 225 and we both could have eaten the whole thing in one bite probably. Just then the manager came over and had the large in her hand and told us that we would not be charged for anything. She even said to my other friend who had the salad that she would comp his meal too because he had to wait for us. That was really a nice gesture but I think the mgr should teach the server that she needs to communicate with the patrons about all orders whether they get screwed up or not.

I was at BDubs one night when they ran out of wings.

915 ran out of wings one Sunday afternoon.....we were at a friends watching football and you should have seen my buddies face when they told him over the phone. He looked like he was going to cry LMAO. They said they burn through Wings on Sundays like they burn through Burgers on Wed night.

I was at BDubs one night when they ran out of wings.

That's the best time to go there. Seriously I've had more awful batches of wings there than good. Their sauces aren't half as good a Wings and Rings and neither are their actual puny wings.

They are opening a "City Barbeque" on 18 and Mall Road.

I have had some of their BBQ and it is excellent. Look forward to it opening.

Smokey Bones is pretty good, but it is not a place I try to frequent unless I have a coupon.

I had City BBQ last night and it was awesome. I am also a big fan of Famous Daves BBQ which is on Houston Road in Florence in front of Dicks.

I had City BBQ last night and it was awesome. I am also a big fan of Famous Daves BBQ which is on Houston Road in Florence in front of Dicks.

If your name is Dave you just might want go over to Famous Dave's on Sunday Aug 1st to get a free meal (up to a $15.00 value). It's not a buy one get one free offer either, just show them a picture ID and if your name is Dave (David) it's free and you can get it to go too.

Was that the Famous Daves we went to when I was up there a few of years ago? I remember eating at one, but I couldn't remember where. I remember it being good.

I live around the corner from a Smokey Bones. It's OK in a pinch.