Smokey Bones in Florence

MJAlltheWay24

If your name is Dave you just might want go over to Famous Dave's on Sunday Aug 1st to get a free meal (up to a $15.00 value). It's not a buy one get one free offer either, just show them a picture ID and if your name is Dave (David) it's free and you can get it to go too.

Famous Dave's is the stuff. My brother's middle name is David, I wonder if I could use his ID :D?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your name is Dave you just might want go over to Famous Dave's on Sunday Aug 1st to get a free meal (up to a $15.00 value). It's not a buy one get one free offer either, just show them a picture ID and if your name is Dave (David) it's free and you can get it to go too.

Aren't you a Dave?

Just got done eating my free Famous Dave's meal (got it to go) and as per usual, it was GREAT. Oh, and because it was free, it tasted even better! :D

You want to talk about great service, "The Boss" ordered my food via a phone call and bye the time I got to Famous Dave's (10 minutes top)

it was there waiting for me. All I had to do was show them my picture ID and presto it was free.

Outstanding! :ylsuper::notworthy:

We were at the McDonald's at the Walton exit after a cross-country meet several years ago at Big Bone Lick; mid afternoon. They weren't expecting a bus at that time of day. They said they didn't have enough money/change.

The Smokey Bones in Evansville didn't last very long.

I have been to Arby's when they were out of roast beef and been to Taco Bell when they ran out of beef. And that was when they only had a chicken burito and taco.

The couple of times I've been to the one in Florence, there just wasn't that much to recommend. Average BBQ, no distinction to the sides; just a very average place.

Again, Hoggy's is great. I like Famous Dave's too, but understand what it is - fast-food barbecue.

The whole family really likes Sonny's, but the closest one to here is probably Richmond.

If you are ever in the Charleston, SC area then you must try Melvin's BBQ, best I've had. They will even sell you a shoulder of pork if you feel like pulling it off your self. I think Smokey Bones recent ownership changes have reduced their quality.

My sister had to go over to get her daughter from my son's home in Apopka, FL. They stopped at the KFC across from the outlet mall south of there, on the way back, and were told that they had ran out of chicken... by 1 in the afternoon. How does a KFC run out of chicken?

The couple of times I've been to the one in Florence, there just wasn't that much to recommend. Average BBQ, no distinction to the sides; just a very average place.

Again, Hoggy's is great. I like Famous Dave's too, but understand what it is - fast-food barbecue.

The whole family really likes Sonny's, but the closest one to here is probably Richmond.

That is exactly how I would describe it. I only went in to eat once but had their take out for lunch a couple of times. I can't say it wasn't good but I can't say it was any thing special either.