TheMan gives the simple truth about Trinity (and St. X)

TheMan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Trinity alum

To namecipS, We're working on that exception!

I know and I'm sure you'll get it soon. I'm just hoping our boyz can keep pace.

I know I take the devils advocate route most of the time, but I do have the utmost respect for the Trinity program and fans.

Originally posted by Bert

In 1999, Coach Wright left Trinity to return to Indiana due to family sicknesses, a death if the family etc.. He know coaches Warren up near Indianapolis which is the 3rd ranked team in Indiana and beat Ben Davis in the regular season.

Take coach Beatty, Redman, Smith or Wright to the smallest school in KY and I bet all four could build a winning program.

Size matters but, coaching is the key in pretty much all high school sports.

FYI, Warren Central has 3,100 students ... more boys than Trinity

As for Trinity's coaching staff, send them to somewhere like Fulton City or Fulton County or Todd Central and see how Beatty and Co. would do ... if you're gonna win the race, you gotta have the horses.

Originally posted by CentreRocks

Also, the gap between Trinity and St. X is 784 students. That gap is larger than the gap between Trinity and:

North Hardin: 722

Scott County: 720

Butler: 694

Male: 681

Daviess County: 652

Henry Clay: 624

Eastern: 612

Henderson County: 611

Ballard: 594

Seneca: 589

Lafayette: 531

Manual: 515

Tates Creek: 506

PRP: 437

Paul Dunbar: 305

So, how come you never hear anyone from Trinity complain about the unfair 784 student advantage St. X has on Trinity? After all, St. X has a greater advantage on Trinity than Trinity does on all of the aforementioned schools!

Ultimately there are three questions that have not been answered:

1. Is this advantage fair?

2. What should happen to Trinity?

3. How come Trinity fans never complain about the numbers' disadvantage they have against X?

Question for Trinity fans! I'm not saying this is illeagal or that its against the rules, but how does Trinity have players on there team who do not live in Jefferson county, and a few(if im correct) that dont even live in the state of kentucky? Thats right, I heard they havea few players from Indian! Can anyone explain?

Originally posted by CentreRocks

Ultimately there are three questions that have not been answered:

1. Is this advantage fair?

2. What should happen to Trinity?

3. How come Trinity fans never complain about the numbers' disadvantage they have against X?

Allow me.

1. Yes

2. Nothing(except win more state titles!)

3. Until they get a new coach, Trinity fans will never complain.;)

Is that number in proportion to the number of kids each school has on the football team?

Originally posted by TheMan

Reminds me of the old Ghostbusters Song:

When your a star on the field

and you got no dough

Where you gonna go

Male High School

If you want to be seen

and you got no green

who you gonna be

a Ballard Bruin

Do you realize how insulting your comments are towards people who attend or went to public school? No wonder they get a measure of joy out of pounding you in basketball.

Not to mention the facts don't even support what you are saying. It sounds like you are trying to say that finanical burden prevents many top athletes from attending Trinity. From an outsiders (probably shock many of you that TheMan is not connected with Trinity :) ) point of view it doesn't appear that Trinity is having much trouble finding top athletes who are willing to pay the price: Brohm, McBroom, May, Thiry, etc.

Make no mistake TheMan doesn't care where a kid goes to school. TheMan doesn't care why a kid chooses to go there. TheMan doesn't want Trinity, X, or anyone else to have to play in their own "private league" (what fun would that be).

TheMan only wants to say that day one before any weights are lifted, before any coaches are hired, before a pad is strapped on, before a schedule is put together, before a single play is contemplated, Trinity (and X) have an advantage that will allow them to beat probably 85% (if not more, maybe many more) of the teams in this state. This is a bit hard to swallow for some Trinity fans, because they want to believe that they win solely because of tradition, work ethic, coaches, heart, community support, etc., however, just because it is a little hard to swallow doesn't make it any less true.

I dig the "third person" point of view!!:sssh:

Originally posted by brudawg

Question for Trinity fans! I'm not saying this is illeagal or that its against the rules, but how does Trinity have players on there team who do not live in Jefferson county, and a few(if im correct) that dont even live in the state of kentucky? Thats right, I heard they havea few players from Indian! Can anyone explain?

Yes, trinity is allowed to have players from wherever they want. Keep in mind Trinity doesn't provide transportation, therefore, the student must find his own way in.

By the way Tony Driver was from Glasgow, and had to pay a small tuition to go to Male. Food for thought.

By the Way, that last statement was an absolute fact!!!!

Originally posted by RockPride

By the way Tony Driver was from Glasgow, and had to pay a small tuition to go to Male. Food for thought.

By the Way, that last statement was an absolute fact!!!!

True Tony grew up in Glasgow before he MOVED to Louisville, but about the tuition part: what coloring book did you read that in?

For clarification purposes, out of county students are allowed to go to a Jefferson County school, if there is an opening in that school and they can pay the approx $2000 a year tuition. I learned that when I was trying to get my daughter into Manuel.

This information is from the Jefferson County Public Education Offices.

Originally posted by LSURock

Define successful.

LSURock, successful means achieving or having success. It means having attained wealth, position, honors, or the like.

Those of you who say that it is still 11 on 11, why are the schools divided into classes? I will answer that question for you. It is called numbers. For those of you who say that there is no difference between the Jefferson County Schools and Trinity and St. X because of open enrollment.....you're wrong. How many students go to Jefferson County Schools from outside the county? The county schools throughout the state are at even a bigger disadvantage than the Jefferson County Schools. Does T and X accept kids out of state or outside of Jefferson County? How about that as an advantage?

Trinity alum, there is a great advantage that you have that the public schools do not have, and that would be the offering of scholarships to the students. What public school is allowed to do that? In my opinion, that alone is enough to separate the private schools from the public schools.

Originally posted by rockmom

For clarification purposes, out of county students are allowed to go to a Jefferson County school, if there is an opening in that school and they can pay the approx $2000 a year tuition. I learned that when I was trying to get my daughter into Manuel.

This information is from the Jefferson County Public Education Offices.

Who is this Manuel guy and why would you pay him $2000 dollars to take your daughter??:confused: Just kidding, but the name is Manual, like a training guide.:p

But she is right I went to Manual with a girl from New Albany and a guy from E-town who's parents loved Manual's programs so much they sent them there and paid tuition. Neither played sports but she went on from YPAS to Broadway Productions and he is working on his Med school finals right now.:D

Originally posted by brudawg

I just think it is odd that a kid from Indiana can play for a team in Louisville!

Why? The NCAA allows guys not from Kentucky to play for UK. Shouldn't the KHSAA do the same?

If rockmom's daughter went to Manual wouldn't she be allowed to play athletics regardless of where she is from? I would think so.