TheMan gives the simple truth about Trinity (and St. X)

TheMan

Originally posted by TheMan

Reminds me of the old Ghostbusters Song:

When your a star on the field

and you got no dough

Where you gonna go

Male High School

If you want to be seen

and you got no green

who you gonna be

a Ballard Bruin

Do you realize how insulting your comments are towards people who attend or went to public school? No wonder they get a measure of joy out of pounding you in basketball.

Not to mention the facts don't even support what you are saying. It sounds like you are trying to say that finanical burden prevents many top athletes from attending Trinity. From an outsiders (probably shock many of you that TheMan is not connected with Trinity :) ) point of view it doesn't appear that Trinity is having much trouble finding top athletes who are willing to pay the price: Brohm, McBroom, May, Thiry, etc.

Make no mistake TheMan doesn't care where a kid goes to school. TheMan doesn't care why a kid chooses to go there. TheMan doesn't want Trinity, X, or anyone else to have to play in their own "private league" (what fun would that be).

TheMan only wants to say that day one before any weights are lifted, before any coaches are hired, before a pad is strapped on, before a schedule is put together, before a single play is contemplated, Trinity (and X) have an advantage that will allow them to beat probably 85% (if not more, maybe many more) of the teams in this state. This is a bit hard to swallow for some Trinity fans, because they want to believe that they win solely because of tradition, work ethic, coaches, heart, community support, etc., however, just because it is a little hard to swallow doesn't make it any less true.

Well...Bob Dole says that if Bob Dole has an opinon on something and it offends other people, then Bob Dole says the TRUTH hurts. Its such a shame that people on here say that numbers are an advantage....FOR WHAT?, Bob Dole asks. Im sure when Bear Bryant went 8-0 all those years with 40 players on his team that it was because he had NUMBERS to choose from.

So let Bob Dole finish his arguement with this,

ITS STILL 11 on 11...NOT 150 on 50

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Trinity's coaching staff one of the best? --Yes

Does Trinity have great tradition? --Yes

Does Trinity have a great feeder system? --Yes

Does Trinity have great facilities? --Yes

I'm not arguing any of those factors. Trinity ranks at or near the top in each of those categories. But talk to any coach, even the coaches at Trinity(past and present), and they will tell you that because of the number of kids they have coming out for football, they have luxuries not afforded other coaches. I'm not saying that other coaches could win like the Trinity coaches can if you put them at Trinity. I'm not saying that 150 kids automatically result in great tradition. Please don't read anything else into my comments.

All I'm saying is that having the number of kids that Trinity/St. X have coming out for football provide the coaches with options that other coaches don't have.

And to comment on comparing football to basketball and stating that it's 11 on 11, not 150 on 11, if there are any Trinity posters close to the program, could you provide the following. Based on a rough guess, could you tell me how many DIFFERENT kids start for Trinity. That includes offense, defense, kickoff, kick return, punt, punt return, and extra point. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing upwards of 50 kids, maybe more. That's just one of the options that having a large number of kids provide.

Originally posted by SuperShamrocks

Well...Bob Dole says that if Bob Dole has an opinon on something and it offends other people, then Bob Dole says the TRUTH hurts. Its such a shame that people on here say that numbers are an advantage....FOR WHAT?, Bob Dole asks. Im sure when Bear Bryant went 8-0 all those years with 40 players on his team that it was because he had NUMBERS to choose from.

So let Bob Dole finish his arguement with this,

ITS STILL 11 on 11...NOT 150 on 50

If I rotate 40 people in and out on my offense and defense and you're only playing 25-30 people, then I guess it's coaching and tradition and conditioning that makes the difference isn't it?

ITS STILL 11 on 11...NOT 150 on 50 [/b]

If only that were true.

Because of the numbers difference, Trinty plays very few both ways. The smaller 4A schools have to play many more both ways and their # 2's are much weaker - also because of the #'s.

If you really think it is 11 on 11, then you don't know much about 4A football.

Originally posted by austinman1

LSUrocks,

Just because I speak the truth, I can understand your anger. But let the truth speak for itself. You want to know where I coach so bad, do some investigating.

I'm always suspicious of anyone claiming to "speak the truth" when expressing their opinion. I prefer to deal with facts. If you want to talk about "truth" consult your clergyman.

Anger? you give yourself way too much credit.

I really don't care where you coach. Bad joke, I guess.

I do think it is interesting that there are not any winning coachs posting on this site. I guess they are too busy coaching, teaching, talking to the media etc.

Originally posted by LSURock

I do think it is interesting that there are not any winning coachs posting on this site.

LSURock, I know the identities of very few people who post on this site, but I would venture to say that it is still more than you and I think you would be very surprised at how many successful coaches participate.

Originally posted by Oldbird

LSURock, I know the identities of very few people who post on this site, but I would venture to say that it is still more than you and I think you would be very surprised at how many successful coaches participate.

Define successful.

The post from Austinman1 about population difference between states just came back to bite the Trinity faithful in the rear. They said that you cant compare football between states because of population differences but now that the tables are turned they are beginning to become angry.

Just face the facts that Trinity has an advantage over the other schools in Kentucky.

I'm on the other side from some of the Trinity posters because I think we have a lot of advantages, including size, tradition, coaching, facilities, etc. I'm proud of all of them. If anyone can think of any advantages we don't have (within the rules) let us know, we'll see if we can get those too! The reason I'm so proud of all of those advantages is that they are ALL generated within the Trinity community.

Originally posted by Trinity alum

I'm on the other side from some of the Trinity posters because I think we have a lot of advantages, including size, tradition, coaching, facilities, etc. I'm proud of all of them. If anyone can think of any advantages we don't have (within the rules) let us know, we'll see if we can get those too! The reason I'm so proud of all of those advantages is that they are ALL generated within the Trinity community.

Finally!!!!! Thank You!!!!

I am not by any way shape or form a Trinity Fan, alum, supporter, or anything. I do however have a lot of respect for most of their fans and definitely their coaches and players. Trinity has an awesome Program. Having said that I think that its time that the Trinity people just end this whole thing by saying to everyone else in the state, GET BETTER! You want to complain and fuss over numbers and recruiting and all this, how about doing what you can do to make your team better and GET BETTER Until then, Trinity will always have more students than you, and until you get better they will always have more state championships than you do. GET BETTER!

Originally posted by ballcoach

You want to complain and fuss over numbers and recruiting and all this, how about doing what you can do to make your team better...

Allow me to speak for myself. I am in no way, shape, or form "complaining" and "fussing" over numbers. I'm merely making an observation. I have never/will never mention the "R" word. I by no means am infering that Trinity's numbers are a result of the "R" word. Heck, I went to Highlands. I have to fight this stigma also.

And let's give it up for Trinity Alum!!!!:thumb: