Running Enthusiasts??

UNDERTHEBRIDGE

I run all the time....to get a drink, something to eat, to the store, to the bathroom. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

All kidding a side. I used to love to run but it seems the older I get the harder it has become on my body. I can do 3 to 4 miles on treadmill with no problem but put me on pavement and its a whole other story. :irked: So now I power walk. Some may think that is silly but I can bust a move, of course I think having long legs helps with the speed.

I try to incorporate short runs in the walk but I struggle with that a bit too :irked: Anything I can do differently?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: How old are you, ThrillVille Cardinal51?

I have yet to concede I am in the "old" category yet. But once all organized sport activities end, us former athletes race in these type of arenas for not only the health benefits but also for the competition. I view my swimming, biking, running, and other "workin' out" activities as sports. I am in 10 times better shape than I have ever been, and in 10 times better shape than most people still in organized sports.

I'm in my early 20's. That quote came courtesy of Kenny Powers on East Bound and Down though.

Sitting here in downtown Nashville listening to the Rebels play Danville on the laptop before the Womens Half Marathon in the morning that my daughter is running in. It was so exciting around here tonight at the expo that I'm pumped to run one for myself now. Need to look at the Flyin Pig or Derby for next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Weather has been ideal for running these past few Saturdays. Knocked out 17 last Saturday at a solid pace (2:18:37). Month and a half out from Marathon #4. Just ordered another pair of my current shoes, Brooks Glycerin 8. Love them. Hope everyone is signed up for a race :D

Haven't run in almost 3 months. Decided to run a 5K thanksgiving morning so started back last week. Wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be but still a ways to go. I would like to beat my best 5K time of 20:50 but would be happy if I can get under 22:00 considering where I am starting from. Going to finish out the week with easier runs and start next week doing invertals.

I was in the best shape of my life about 2 months ago, but have quit running recently due to having plantar fasciitis in both feet. It is starting to heal, but it will take me a little while to get back in to decent shape again.

Once I get back into a good routine, I'd love to start running in some 5K's and 10K's.

I was in the best shape of my life about 2 months ago, but have quit running recently due to having plantar fasciitis in both feet. It is starting to heal, but it will take me a little while to get back in to decent shape again.

Once I get back into a good routine, I'd love to start running in some 5K's and 10K's.

Not that it will cure your ailment, but one thing I do is take a golf ball and roll it under the arch of my foot often times before I run so that the plantar becomes loosened before taking off on my jog.

Weather has been ideal for running these past few Saturdays. Knocked out 17 last Saturday at a solid pace (2:18:37). Month and a half out from Marathon #4. Just ordered another pair of my current shoes, Brooks Glycerin 8. Love them. Hope everyone is signed up for a race :D

When you get your shoes for marathon training/running, do you get them a size or half size bigger than you normally wear? I went to a run shop and they gave me a half size bigger. I was wondering if they made a mistake or is that common practice.

When you get your shoes for marathon training/running, do you get them a size or half size bigger than you normally wear? I went to a run shop and they gave me a half size bigger. I was wondering if they made a mistake or is that common practice.

It is common practice because your feet swell when you run. Running shoes are sometimes made a little bigger though and going up a size and a half seems like a lot. I will be honest, I have never bought mine larger than what I typically buy.

It is common practice because your feet swell when you run. Running shoes are sometimes made a little bigger though and going up a size and a half seems like a lot. I will be honest, I have never bought mine larger than what I typically buy.

I was getting a blister but I'm used to them now. I'm going back to my regular size though for my next pair.

I don't either. Normally my shoes seem to stretch a bit any ways after breaking them in.