Running Enthusiasts??

UNDERTHEBRIDGE

Does anyone take ibuprofen before a run and if so does it help with soreness, etc. I ran 8 miles yesterday and I was in pain for a good most of it.

I have before and it seems to help.

Be sure to warm up well before you begin. I warm up a solid 10-15 minutes before jogging.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I started having a pain on the left side of my left knee after I ran last Thursday. I didn't twist it or hit it with anything. I just started getting a pain after I finished a run. The pain was only while bending my knee and not the pounding, when hitting the pavement. I bought a brace for it and It felt fine Saturday before I ran and actually had a PR, but the soreness came back after the race. I haven't ran any this week, hoping that it will get better before I run the EKU homcoming race tomorrow morning. I did buy a new pair of running shoes this week, hoping that this will help. I have never been a runner, so this is new to me. Is soreness after a race normal for runners? I played football for 12 years and never recieved any type of injuries, so the pain is new to me. I hope that it's just where I have never been a runner and my legs are adjusting to the extra useage that I am giving them.

For some reason I started having a pain on the left side of my left knee after I ran last Thursday. I didn't twist it or hit it with anything. I just started getting a pain after I finished a run. The pain was only while bending my knee and not the pounding, when hitting the pavement. I bought a brace for it and It felt fine Saturday before I ran and actually had a PR, but the soreness came back after the race. I haven't ran any this week, hoping that it will get better before I run the EKU homcoming race tomorrow morning. I did buy a new pair of running shoes this week, hoping that this will help. I have never been a runner, so this is new to me. Is soreness after a race normal for runners? I played football for 12 years and never recieved any type of injuries, so the pain is new to me. I hope that it's just where I have never been a runner and my legs are adjusting to the extra useage that I am giving them.

I have tendonitis in my left knee. It gets sore after running as well. I usually ice it at night after I run and take some ibuprofen. My pain is more in the front though. Really bothers me when I do squats until it warms up.

It could very well be where your body isn't used to doing such mileage. I would ice it after each run.

Good stuff Bugatti. You are tough. I did the Ironhorse Half Marathon sunday in Midway and the 13. 1 miles kicked my butt. I still have a ways to go on my endurance. The hills out there worked me pretty good. Still, 1:54:51 wasn't horrible though actually my worst of 3 minis.

Good stuff Bugatti. You are tough. I did the Ironhorse Half Marathon sunday in Midway and the 13. 1 miles kicked my butt. I still have a ways to go on my endurance. The hills out there worked me pretty good. Still, 1:54:51 wasn't horrible though actually my worst of 3 minis.

You bested me by about a half-hour.

That is a really good time. My best registered half time is 1:46:44 in Memphis a couple years ago. I did hit 1:44 on my Garmin a couple weeks ago though. Initially my plan was to try and break 1:40 in Memphis, but since the wife signed up for the full, I could not be a weenie so I went on and did the full. My speed has improved overall, but moreso my durability on long runs with overall consistency is what has improved.

Durability and Endurance are my issues the longer I go. My PR was my first mini last October in the Parks and Rec Half Marathon in Louisville on I think River Rd. 1:48+. I like my general pace now I just have to figure out how to run that pace longer distances without wearing down.

You bested me by about a half-hour.

As my fiancee reminded me after the race when I was being negative about my time, My Primary goal in these races is to simply finish. All other goals are simply personal ones I set for myself. It was a beautiful run out in Woodford County and overall I thought it went well. Seemed to go off much smoother than the Lexington Half Marathon back in March and weather was a heck of a lot better!

Hope you had a great run Zoot.

Durability and Endurance are my issues the longer I go. My PR was my first mini last October in the Parks and Rec Half Marathon in Louisville on I think River Rd. 1:48+. I like my general pace now I just have to figure out how to run that pace longer distances without wearing down.

You need to sign up for a full. Don't think, just do it.