Running Enthusiasts??

UNDERTHEBRIDGE

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of socks are you wearing with them? I know when I first started I used my regular socks and got some blisters. Switched to Balega Socks and haven't had an issue. I absolutely love them.

Balega is all I wear. "Cotton is rotten."

Only blisters I have ever developed came in Louisville this past year but it had more to do with the weather. I am just a black toenail guy.

I have the Bourbon Chase this weekend. Very excited and a little nervous too...

My son just got asked yesterday to join their team. He's pretty pumped about it too. Someone must have had something come up and a spot opened.

I am running the Bernheim Forrest 5K this weekend, EKU Homecoming 5K on the 30th. and the Who Dey 5K that Marvin Lewis is putting on Nov. 14th.

This is my first year of running. I've always wanted to, but was to big and out of shape to ever finish a 5K. Right now I'm at 112 pounds lost since Jan. 1st. and like to run as much as I can now. My son ran in college and has talked me to run in the Flyin Pig 1/2 Marathon next spring. I am really looking forward to that.

My son just got asked yesterday to join their team. He's pretty pumped about it too. Someone must have had something come up and a spot opened.
We actually had a member of our team get injured this week and had to scramble to find somone to fill his spot. Luckily a college friend of mine is training for a mini and is going to do it for us---hate it for the guy who got injured though.

Just got off the phone with my son and he starts leg #9 of the Bourbon Chase in a hour or so. Lebanon towards Springfiled on 55. I've never heard him so excited like this before.

Later on he is running the Harrodsburg to Salvisa leg at an est. time of 4:30 in the morning. Cars and drunks on 127 has me ( A Dad ) concerned for his safety.

Just got off the phone with my son and he starts leg #9 of the Bourbon Chase in a hour or so. Lebanon towards Springfiled on 55. I've never heard him so excited like this before.

Later on he is running the Harrodsburg to Salvisa leg at an est. time of 4:30 in the morning. Cars and drunks on 127 has me ( A Dad ) concerned for his safety.

It was an awesome experience! Loved it.

I talked to lots of people and nobody had any complaints about safety. It is run very well and lots of great volunteers help make it happen!

It was an awesome experience! Loved it.

I talked to lots of people and nobody had any complaints about safety. It is run very well and lots of great volunteers help make it happen!

My son has his Kentucky / Bourbon Barrell metal hanging from the TV today. Said that this was the best event that he has ever ran in and the most organized.

I ran yesterday in the "Run for the Innocents" 5K in Bernheim Forrest. Had a PR with a sore knee so I'm pleased with my time.

Edited by Rebel

Anyone running the Ironhorse Half in Lexington on Halloween?

Zoot, I am running in that. Don't forget, it might be close to Lexington, but it is very much Midway,KY!!! I am looking forward to the run though this time around getting ready has been tough.

Thought of dressing up for the run, but I'd hate to look like a big goober all dressed up if I have to walk even a few minutes. Plenty of wonderful horse farms and sites on this one I hear. Looking forward to it.