Running Enthusiasts??

UNDERTHEBRIDGE

When you guys are training do you follow any certain kind of specific diet or do you basically eat what you want? Also, I need something just to keep track of how many miles I run, is there anything out there less expensive than the GPS watches.

You can get the foot pedometer things with a watch attachment pretty cheap. You have to watch the calibration getting off whack on one of those.

iPhone has an app if you carry your phone while you run.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff guys. Bugatti, once again you are the man. Not sure I am Ironman material yet. Still don't have the swimming or biking down. Awesome Rebel, if I do another Half, which I am unsure yet if I will, it will probably be the Flying Pig. In my opinion its one of the best run events in this region. Get hill training in!

I've been taking time off of late and thinking about getting back to some leg strengthening here soon. Life has a tendency to get busy.

Anyways guys, keep up the running!! Winter is my favorite time to get outside and get some running.

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed Memphis this past weekend. Had a new PR (3:47), but it was one of the worst runs I have had. Never felt good from the onset and could never get in a good steady breathing rhythm, which is unlike me. I really felt like if I was on my game I would be near 3:40. Most enjoyment I had was watching my wife cross the finish line of her first full marathon. My friend I was with qualified for Boston with a 3:10. That is moving.

Just completed Memphis this past weekend. Had a new PR (3:47), but it was one of the worst runs I have had. Never felt good from the onset and could never get in a good steady breathing rhythm, which is unlike me. I really felt like if I was on my game I would be near 3:40. Most enjoyment I had was watching my wife cross the finish line of her first full marathon. My friend I was with qualified for Boston with a 3:10. That is moving.

I couldn't even begin to imagine running a full marathon. I managed to finish the half marathon doin for the most part 11 minute miles which is good for me, but there's no way I could have ran anymore after that was over.

I couldn't even begin to imagine running a full marathon. I managed to finish the half marathon doin for the most part 11 minute miles which is good for me, but there's no way I could have ran anymore after that was over.

I will be honest, running a full is an entirely different animal.

With that said, after my first half-marathon, I vowed to never run a half again. It is still the most sore I have ever been. 2 1/2 years later I have run 4 full marathons.