Running Enthusiasts??

UNDERTHEBRIDGE

Awesome to hear everyone's stories from running. I fully thank running for helping me out the past three years not just physically w/ weight, but mentally with my stress levels and also with just difficult situations I was going through when I started. Busted a long run yesterday that I definately felt, but I've been trying to find difficult routes lately to test me a bit. After the IronHorse Half Marathon I think its back to 10ks and 5ks for me. 3 Half Marathons is a feat but man they kick my butt.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son has his Kentucky / Bourbon Barrell metal hanging from the TV today. Said that this was the best event that he has ever ran in and the most organized.

I ran yesterday in the "Run for the Innocents" 5K in Bernheim Forrest. Had a PR with a sore knee so I'm pleased with my time.

Great to hear that you got a PR in it. I wanted to run in that one but of course couldn't due to the chase. I just left my captain's house and gave him a check for my part of next year's deposit...already looking at potentially running Miami to Key West Ragnar in January 2012.

Man, I'm jealous, the Bourbon Barrell chase sounds awesome, sadly this has been a busy period for me but hopefully I can look to get a team for next year. It sounds like an amazingly fun event. My fiancee reminded me of it yesterday when she said she saw its closing events.

Great to hear that you got a PR in it. I wanted to run in that one but of course couldn't due to the chase. I just left my captain's house and gave him a check for my part of next year's deposit...already looking at potentially running Miami to Key West Ragnar in January 2012.

Looks like I will be joining you next year. My son, daughter, and myself have been asked to join a new team that already has paid the deposit for 2011. :banana:

I'm heavily looking at sprint tri's right now. Anyone ever done one?

I have done two sprint triathlons. 1 each of the last 2 summers. A lot of fun.

I began taking swimming lessons 10 months and getting better each week. I have all but decided I am signing up for the big enchilada of endurance events next weekend.

I have done two sprint triathlons. 1 each of the last 2 summers. A lot of fun.

I began taking swimming lessons 10 months and getting better each week. I have all but decided I am signing up for the big enchilada of endurance events next weekend.

Cool deal. Any in particular you'd recommend?

WOW...which one are you going to tackle? If it's the Louisville make sure and let us know as I'll come cheer you on.

Cool deal. Any in particular you'd recommend?

WOW...which one are you going to tackle? If it's the Louisville make sure and let us know as I'll come cheer you on.

There are lot of Sprint Triathlons on trifind.com. I have done Chattanooga and Nashville. Will probably do the Olympic distance next summer in Nasvhille. It will be in late July.

I am going to tackle Panama City Beach. I do not have a bike yet, but do not feel I would have enough time to feel comfortable tackling all the hills the Louisville Ironman has. I do encourage you to attend the Louisville Ironman next year... awesome experience.

There are lot of Sprint Triathlons on trifind.com. I have done Chattanooga and Nashville. Will probably do the Olympic distance next summer in Nasvhille. It will be in late July.

I am going to tackle Panama City Beach. I do not have a bike yet, but do not feel I would have enough time to feel comfortable tackling all the hills the Louisville Ironman has. I do encourage you to attend the Louisville Ironman next year... awesome experience.

Cool deal. I'm not seeing many 2011 tri's on that site yet but I'm sure they will add some soon. So what bike did you use for the sprint tri's you did before?

PCB should be pretty flat for you. I plan on checking it out...I watched the TV coverage last year but will be there in person this time around.

Cool deal. I'm not seeing many 2011 tri's on that site yet but I'm sure they will add some soon. So what bike did you use for the sprint tri's you did before?

PCB should be pretty flat for you. I plan on checking it out...I watched the TV coverage last year but will be there in person this time around.

First one I used a Trek 800? Second I had a Trek 2200? Both were borrowed and did not practice more than a 10 mile warm-up the week of the event. With the 2200, it was the first time I had ever used shoe clips. Makes it a lot easier. My friend's 2200 had aero bars on it so I thought I would be slick and get down in them. Nearly wiped out going down a hill :lol:

First one I used a Trek 800? Second I had a Trek 2200? Both were borrowed and did not practice more than a 10 mile warm-up the week of the event. With the 2200, it was the first time I had ever used shoe clips. Makes it a lot easier. My friend's 2200 had aero bars on it so I thought I would be slick and get down in them. Nearly wiped out going down a hill :lol:
Cool deal. Right now that's the most intimidating part for me. I really know nothing about bike's except for I'm sure the Mongoose sitting in my Granddaddy's garage isn't going to cut it. :lol: