BP execs = Ronald Reagan?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A criminal investigtion has been launched against BP and the BP Executives were given advise of counsel as to what they could discuss......the Congressional committee knew this and persisted in this worthless hearing.
Yeah, but it made for good TV back home; that's all that really matters on the hill.

According to your link it was his first day off since the explosion.. It's been party central as usual for Obama... Neither one can stop the leak by themselves...

Got to love the hyperbole. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, Haywayd's worked for 60+ days straight and yet knows nothing and made no decisions before? Hmmmm, that's some quality work there! What a gig!

Other than accepting help from the Dutch 50 some days late and pointing fingers what has Obama done to help??? And if I had the likes of Waxman grilling me I would not tell him nothing...

I guess I would ask at this point, what exactly CAN Obama do? It's as if there are people who expect that he does something in particular, specific and personal. I just can't figure out what it is. I think that all he can do is stay on top of the information he's getting from the Coast Guard, BP sources and local sources. He can accept the help of the Dutch and whatever other resources become/are available. What am I missing?

I guess I would ask at this point, what exactly CAN Obama do? It's as if there are people who expect that he does something in particular, specific and personal. I just can't figure out what it is. I think that all he can do is stay on top of the information he's getting from the Coast Guard, BP sources and local sources. He can accept the help of the Dutch and whatever other resources become/are available. What am I missing?

And again how is this different than what Bush could do with Katrina? Amazing that it is all criticism on one side and then not on the other. Be consistent.

In both situations, Katrina and the oil slick, the best both men could do is call on the experts, listen to them, see what the laws allow or not not allow him to do, choose a plan of action with those effected and use whatever resources that are available.

In the case of Obama and the Dems is that they set the bar higher by jumping all over Bush's response to Katrina. Since Obama believes that government can solve problems, he not looking like he is on top of the situation. Plus talking about who to blame and "never letting a good crisis go to waste", playing politics instead of helping to end the crisis first makes him look like more of an opportuntist than a leader.

My criticism of one is in no way an endorsement of the others. Just poking some holes in the "Saint Ronnie" balloon.

Not hardly Jim, not hardly. Nice try though. Those of us old enough to actually remember how it was know better. Most of us anyway.

Reagan went on TV and talked about how he did not rememeber some of the items mentioned at a meeting about Iranians and the Contras. He said even though he did not recall these events he accepted responsibility.
Alzheimers .