BP execs = Ronald Reagan?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet later Reagan admitted to his error. At least he had the honor to do so. He may not have always been right, although he was close, he did always try to what was best for he country. He even gave speeches saying how great America was (is) and called our enemies for what they were, evil. He wanted government to allow people , all people, to achieve their full potential, not having government prop up one segment by taking money from another segment and giving it to the first segment.

Yet later Reagan admitted to his error. At least he had the honor to do so. He may not have always been right, although he was close, he did always try to what was best for he country. He even gave speeches saying how great America was (is) and called our enemies for what they were, evil. He wanted government to allow people , all people, to achieve their full potential, not having government prop up one segment by taking money from another segment and giving it to the first segment.

I really don't remember that. I like Reagan as much as the next guy but the one thing about him was I don't recall him ever admitting a mistake.

* I don't recall him admitting that putting Marines in a "no win" situation in Beirut was a mistake

* I don't recall him remembering anything about Iran - Contra

* I don't recall him admitting that Gorbachav "one upped" him in their first meeting (but give him credit for working Gorby into the downfall of the USSR)

* I don't recall him admitting responsibility on much that went wrong in his 2 terms

He was a great leader but as to "confession" I don't remember hearing Reagan ever doing that.

I really don't remember that. I like Reagan as much as the next guy but the one thing about him was I don't recall him ever admitting a mistake.

* I don't recall him admitting that putting Marines in a "no win" situation in Beirut was a mistake

* I don't recall him remembering anything about Iran - Contra

* I don't recall him admitting that Gorbachav "one upped" him in their first meeting (but give him credit for working Gorby into the downfall of the USSR)

* I don't recall him admitting responsibility on much that went wrong in his 2 terms

He was a great leader but as to "confession" I don't remember hearing Reagan ever doing that.

Neither do I, however I don't recall any past presidents admitting their mistakes before the onslaught of the 24/7 news cycle. If done, it was usually in some interview that no one ever saw or read.

Neither do I, however I don't recall any past presidents admitting their mistakes before the onslaught of the 24/7 news cycle. If done, it was usually in some interview that no one ever saw or read.

I'm sorry, but a sitting president admitting a mistake of that magnitude would have been the lead story on every newscast and in every newspaper, no matter what era we were in. That's big news no matter who it is.

I don't think anyone said it was while he was a sitting president. I believe there were some regrets in his writings and/or memoire later on.

The changes in the news cycles (really starting with Clinton) have put the President more on the hot seat now than ever before. If they fart and someone even THINKS they did, it is all over every news show for weeks 24/7.

I'm sorry, but a sitting president admitting a mistake of that magnitude would have been the lead story on every newscast and in every newspaper, no matter what era we were in. That's big news no matter who it is.

So, when has it happened? I'm drawing a blank before Clinton and that of course was the start of the media crush.

So, when has it happened? I'm drawing a blank before Clinton and that of course was the start of the media crush.

Didn't Jimmy Carter take some blame at points for 1) economy or something like that?

Seems that John Kennedy took the heat for the Bay of Pigs but I don't recall if being apologetic was part of that process.

My intention about Reagan was not to demean the man but to point out that the statement made about his "admitting error" was the opposite of my perception of the man when I was living through the Reagan years.

A criminal investigtion has been launched against BP and the BP Executives were given advise of counsel as to what they could discuss......the Congressional committee knew this and persisted in this worthless hearing.

Poor BP. Poor CEO Hayward.

http://www.aolnews.com/gulf-oil-spill/article/wheres-bps-tony-hayward-at-a-yacht-race/19523020