Who has the best fish fry?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

A word to those who put on these events. If you happen to see a fellow that you don't recognize, wearing crocs no matter what the temperature, I STRONGLY advise you to just let him get his fill and keep your hands and feet away from his plate. Fair warning.

I've been going more with the flip flops lately. It's gives my toes more breathing room. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Therese In Southgate and St Thomas in Ft Thomas are Good . St Catherine in Ft Thomas had them in comjunction with the Green Derby restaurant but that was before it was sold to new owners . Southgate School in Southgate used to have a good one one but they stopped it last year .

We don't allow Catholics in our neck of the woods. :sssh::lol:

I really don't know. If there are any, they are keeping it pretty well hidden from me. That's probably a good thing if it's AYCE. I'll have to look and see if Holy Family does it.

Not to threadjack (well, maybe a little) or anything, because this is a very informative thread, but I can't resist telling this true story.

When I first started working for the local mental health center in 1979, almost all of the local banks were closed on Wednesdays. All the lawyers and bankers played golf. Because we were paid bimonthly, payday often fell on a Wednesday.

We hired a counselor at the program where I worked, who happened to be black. The first time payroll fell on a Wednesday after he was hired, he asked where he should cash his check. I told him that he might want to run over to Lewis County and cash it over there, since pretty much all the banks in Maysville were closed.

He said that if he did, he very well might be the only black fellow in the county. The program supervisor, who was Catholic, told him that when he went to Lewis County, he was just about the only Catholic in the county.

The new counselor looked at the supervisor and said, "Yes, but you can pretend you're Baptist."

St Therese In Southgate and St Thomas in Ft Thomas are Good . St Catherine in Ft Thomas had them in comjunction with the Green Derby restaurant but that was before it was sold to new owners . Southgate School in Southgate used to have a good one, but they stopped it last year .
At St. Thomas it's either really good or really bad -- depends on which group is in charge that week. And I'm not saying which is the good. :D

How many people come through your local fish fry and what hours do you serve? We have been pushing through around 350. I normally work ours 2-3 times a year. Worked it last week.

I heard St Joe in Walton had over 1000 last week.