Who has the best fish fry?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family's fish fry ventures take us around several areas of Greater Cincinnati, but our favorites are:

Knights Of Columbus - Father Kehoe Council, Ludlow, KY

This one's a personal favorite. The fish is pretty decent, although I wouldn't say it's anything particularly great either, but the towny, everybody smiles and says hello atmosphere is second to none. Good selection - they have three different kinds of fish and shrimp, and the line's never too long.

Knights of Columbus in Maysville is pretty good.

I have found that no matter where you are in the country. If there is a K of C, you can count on there being a good fish fry.

It's pretty rare I deviate from my home parish for fish frys and I've always liked the quality at St. Bernadette/Mother of Good Counsel. Others I've been to:

St. Agnes (good food but does it have to be in the smallest room in the Highlands)

St. James (only been once and it was for takeout but it was good)

St. Margaret Mary (wow is that a big parish)

St. Joseph's (if in the area at lunchtime, there is absolutely no reason to go anywhere else)

XTiger69, thanks for bringing up St. Raphael. I just moved to the neighborhood between it and St. Francis and I'm going to try and check it out this Friday.

It's pretty rare I deviate from my home parish for fish frys and I've always liked the quality at St. Bernadette/Mother of Good Counsel. Others I've been to:

St. Agnes (good food but does it have to be in the smallest room in the Highlands)

St. James (only been once and it was for takeout but it was good)

St. Margaret Mary (wow is that a big parish)

St. Joseph's (if in the area at lunchtime, there is absolutely no reason to go anywhere else)

XTiger69, thanks for bringing up St. Raphael. I just moved to the neighborhood between it and St. Francis and I'm going to try and check it out this Friday.

You know what! I just realized, I live 2 blocks from St.James, and have never been to their fish fry. I'm adding it to my tour.

St. Gabriel's is pretty darn big. They and St. Agnes are so crowded, so I think I'll spread out my net a little further (or closer to home).

:eek:

That must be a big Parish with long hours.

It's by no means a "small" parish, but I don't think it's even close to being one of the largest in the Diocese of Covington. It may, however, be one of the only fish fries for MILES down in southern Boone County & northern Grant County I have no idea what the actual percentages are up here for Catholics to non-Catholics, but I would guess that there's a good chance Northern Kentucky is the pretty easily densest population of Catholics in Kentucky. The Louisville area may have more just by sheer number, but I think the percentage per capita is probably highest up here in NKY.

Free, but the entertainment delivers it. And your stuck with him.:lol:
Well, there's always the Elks. :D

Speaking of which, the Elks Club in Cold Spring has the best fish fry anywhere. The food is great and portions are generous. It's awesome, and always packed.

• 1 year later...