Was Kelly Wrong In Lying To His Players?

futurecoach

What would you have done if you were Kelly?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done if you were Kelly?

• I would have lied to them too about it.
    • Should have told them the truth, even though it would have been a distraction.

18-21 year olds aren't adults? Since when?

So they learned a valuable lesson, life isn't fair. How tragic for them, I mean really, come on. There are going to be a lot worse things in their life than their football coach lying to them about leaving. If they can't deal with this, God help them. Somehow, I think they'll be just fine.

Kelly coached his butt of for UC and as a reward, he was hired away by a program willing to pay him more, a program that was his dream job. He coached UC to an undefeated season, back to back Big East Championships that landed them in back to back BCS Bowl games. What a horrible guy. By all means, lets trash his reputation instead of just saying thanks for the ride and good luck in the future.

You said it all. The UC faithfull should be thankfull to the man for raising their program. I will repeat that this outrage was not heard when the man left CM before their bowl game. It was expected by the fans and players at UC. It should also be expected by all those involved at Notre Dame.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just comes off wrong when UC is crying about how bad of a guy he is. If he is that bad of a guy, be thankful he's gone and get ready to support the next coach. The rest of the country saw this coming and I don't find any part of this shocking. It happens all the time, and most of the time the school who gets left ends up crying. 2 other BCS schools come to mind. With the media today, there is no right way to do it IMO when one of the jobs involved is Notre Dame.

18-21 year olds aren't adults? Since when?

So they learned a valuable lesson, life isn't fair. How tragic for them, I mean really, come on. There are going to be a lot worse things in their life than their football coach lying to them about leaving. If they can't deal with this, God help them. Somehow, I think they'll be just fine.

Kelly coached his butt of for UC and as a reward, he was hired away by a program willing to pay him more, a program that was his dream job. He coached UC to an undefeated season, back to back Big East Championships that landed them in back to back BCS Bowl games. What a horrible guy. By all means, lets trash his reputation instead of just saying thanks for the ride and good luck in the future.

:thumb::clap:

Are we forgetting that he left a team before the bowl game to come to UC?

It seems that a lot of people complaining about him leaving did not know of this situation. He is doing what all of us want to do. We all want to move up for a better position, or what one sees has a better position. What I see as better may be different than what you see as better.

There is no good way to go about this IMO. The problem is to move up in his job it requires him to move on to another school. This is the bad part. In my job I could stay with my company and move up, in that profession one can not.

How many think they beat Pitt if Kelly does tell them that week he is leaving for ND after the game? I feel that distraction could of derailed them. May be he actually did them a favor by doing it that way. If they lose to Pitt there is no Sugar Bowl game for them. What ever bowl they would of been in would be for a lot less money I would think.

It seems that a lot of people complaining about him leaving did not know of this situation. He is doing what all of us want to do. We all want to move up for a better position, or what one sees has a better position. What I see as better may be different than what you see as better.

There is no good way to go about this IMO. The problem is to move up in his job it requires him to move on to another school. This is the bad part. In my job I could stay with my company and move up, in that profession one can not.

How many think they beat Pitt if Kelly does tell them that week he is leaving for ND after the game? I feel that distraction could of derailed them. May be he actually did them a favor by doing it that way. If they lose to Pitt there is no Sugar Bowl game for them. What ever bowl they would of been in would be for a lot less money I would think.

I agree i think they would be to distracted