Was Kelly Wrong In Lying To His Players?

futurecoach

What would you have done if you were Kelly?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done if you were Kelly?

• I would have lied to them too about it.
    • Should have told them the truth, even though it would have been a distraction.

I don't know if there is a good way to handle the situation. Best bet might just be no comment. The more I here the more it sounds like he didn't handle it great. I'm suprised how fast UC has turned on him though. Right or wrong he has Cincy playing Fla in a BCS bowl! If somebody left KY football to take the Texas job but left them in the Sugar Bowl playing Ohio State I would say bless you coach best of luck now let's go kick some tail and move on. The kids have to know he's the hottest comodedy in the coaching ranks. To me there's not much difference with say John Wall. If reporters start hounding him right now and he says he's staying then Ill understand him not wanting to deal with the media but when he moves on to better his life I'll say thanks for leaving things in a lot better shape and good luck!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the clock at the Neb vs Texas game had read 00 instead of 01, the University of Cincinnati had a very, very good chance of playing in the National Championship game,

If the above had happened, I would have loved to see what BK would have done then!

If that clock had read 00 and Cincinnati were playing for the National Championship does BK still takes the job at ND (I think he does) but does he leave Cincinnati prior to the National Championship Game or does BK tell ND that he still wants to be the new ND Head Coach but he wants to stay at UC to coach The Ship?

Yes I know ND is his dream job, but how many times does a coach no matter where he coaches at, get the chance to coach in the National Championship Game?

He has shown that he will walk away from the Sugar Bowl but the BCS National Championship Game?

Edited by Theoldguy

You've never told a lie in your life?

If so, I find that hard to believe.

Outside of going along with the Easter bunny etc. for my little brothers sake I have never told a lie that I can remember. I just can't do it. It's not worth it in the end. What's your deal with me by the way d? You just like going against my posts or what? Done nothing but called me out for two days. Sheesh!

Besides the thread is asking our opinion not whether you think someone you don't know has lied or not. Be careful not to thread jack their buddy.

If the clock at the Neb vs Texas game had read 00 instead of 01, the University of Cincinnati had a very, very good chance of playing in the National Championship game,

If the above had happened, I would have loved to see what BK would have done then!

If that clock had read 00 and Cincinnati were playing for the National Championship does BK still takes the job at ND (I think he does) but does he leave Cincinnati prior to the National Championship Game or does BK tell ND that he still wants to be the new ND Head Coach but he wants to stay at UC to coach The Ship?

Yes I know ND is his dream job, but how many times does a coach no matter where he coaches at, get the chance to coach in the National Championship Game?

He has shown that he will walk away from the Sugar Bowl but the BCS National Championship Game?

Interesting point. I think he would have coached in the game because I don't see how you can walk away from that one. I'll play Devil's Advocate with this....what if he had waited until after the Sugar Bowl to walk away? Say Florida blows them out and he leaves. That leaves Cincy with less time to find a coach because some positions will be filled and makes them roll the dice with recruits...

Outside of going along with the Easter bunny etc. for my little brothers sake I have never told a lie that I can remember. I just can't do it. It's not worth it in the end. What's your deal with me by the way d? You just like going against my posts or what? Done nothing but called me out for two days. Sheesh!

I don't have a deal with you. You've been taking this coaching situation way to personal and I'm simply pointing that out.

First you talk about being loyal, when in reality no one in their right mind would turn down the kind of money BK is about to get to stay at UC.

Now you talk about lying like it's the worst thing anyone could possibly do. Everybody lies....Highly unlikely anybody has made it through life without lying. Santa, Easter bunny, whatever else is still lying...Why do we need a made up character to celebrate a holiday? Why not just tell kids the truth that we're celebrating Jesus? Because in reality that's what we're doing. In those two examples anyway.

I don't have a deal with you. You've been taking this coaching situation way to personal and I'm simply pointing that out.

First you talk about being loyal, when in reality no one in their right mind would turn down the kind of money BK is about to get to stay at UC.

Now you talk about lying like it's the worst thing anyone could possibly do. Everybody lies....Highly unlikely anybody has made it through life without lying. Santa, Easter bunny, whatever else is still lying...Why do we need a made up character to celebrate a holiday? Why not just tell kids the truth that we're celebrating Jesus? Because in reality that's what we're doing. In those two examples anyway.

I'm quite certain I never said that, but whatever you say. I'll leave it at this as to not tread jack. BTW, I know a lot of people who would be quite upset at you saying everyone lies.:thumb:

He isn't a coach, he's a salesman. He sold himself to our kids and we bought it. He sold himself to UC and now he is moving on. UC ment nothing. It is all about Brian Kelly.

UC has been had by a traveling salesman that is only out to improve himself. He could give a rats rear about Cincy and those players.

He isn't a coach, he's a salesman. He sold himself to our kids and we bought it. He sold himself to UC and now he is moving on. UC ment nothing. It is all about Brian Kelly.

UC has been had by a traveling salesman that is only out to improve himself. He could give a rats rear about Cincy and those players.

Would you say the same thing about Urban Meyer, John Calipari, or anyone else who has worked their way up through the coaching business. It's simply how this business works. You don't stop until you reach the top.

Are we forgetting that he left a team before the bowl game to come to UC?

He didn't want to lose to Florida.

Not a big UC fan, but I hope more than anything that the UC players come out mad and just give Florida everything they have. Show Kelly they can beat the best without him.

Would you say the same thing about Urban Meyer, John Calipari, or anyone else who has worked their way up through the coaching business. It's simply how this business works. You don't stop until you reach the top.
\

They didn't leave their teams like Kelly.

He didn't want to lose to Florida.

Not a big UC fan, but I hope more than anything that the UC players come out mad and just give Florida everything they have. Show Kelly they can beat the best without him.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or maybe he wanted to coach for one of the most respected programs in the nation.