Elder, OH 20 Colerain, OH 7

W.E. Raider

Did Colerain lose a lot of offensive lineman from last year? Their line from last year was a ton better. It also looked to me that the wideouts didn't do a very good job of blocking at all.. If you can't get you line or wideouts to do a decent job of blocking it is going to be a long year in Cardinal Land....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never count the Rocks out. People thought Cincy X would beat the Rocks last year...we all know what happened with that one.

Don't forget.....Cincy St. X only finished 3-7 last year and had a ton of injuries. I don't know if CardnalsFan can verify this but wasn't Cincy St. X on their 3rd team QB in 2008 because of injuries? And also St. X does not get a "down week". They have their GCL South games and anyone who will play them which ususally resaults in scheduling teams out of state because no one around will play them.

Edited by kydlineguy
Grammer

Did Colerain lose a lot of offensive lineman from last year? Their line from last year was a ton better. It also looked to me that the wideouts didn't do a very good job of blocking at all.. If you can't get you line or wideouts to do a decent job of blocking it is going to be a long year in Cardinal Land....

Raiderbird from what I know they are pretty young up front. And to open your season against St. X at Nippert and Elder at their place is no easy way to build the inexperiance up. Colerain will be fine in the GMC...I know Middletown has gotten a lot better but I think this year Colerain will be ready for them.

Good Luck Colerain!!

I have been watching HS football for 60 years and the Williams kid from Colerain is the quickest player I have ever seen. The only player who could get in front of him last year was AC. Bolden gives you a game film and says "this is what we are going to do, all you have yo do is stop it". That is not such a hot plan vs Elder and St. Xavier, but last year with better blockers, they ran the pitch off the option and Williams beat everyone whether he cut it inside or went outside. Calling Colerain slow is a bit preposterous.

I have been watching HS football for 60 years and the Williams kid from Colerain is the quickest player I have ever seen.

Not trying to be mean here, but if that kid is the quickest you've ever seen, you haven't seen much speed in football. He is a very legit and good looking skill player, but wait and see how many SEC (where speed is king) offers he picks up. The Dixon kid as far as I can find (and Cards Fan may correct me here if I'm wrong) is the only Colerain kid that holds a DI-A offer at this point.

Both teams to me looked very impressive. But I do believe that with Kragthorpe back at QB for the Rocks, Trinity could move the ball down the field on Elder. Elder let Colerain hit those recievers for medium yardage over the middle and if the Rocks can get their running game going then I can see it being a pretty close contest. But it is going to depends on the improvement from week 2 to week 3.

And one other thing. Do both Elder and St. X play at Trinity next year?

Let's hope that both T & X acquit themselves well this week.

With all being said and done - I think it does speak volumes that these schools are willing to "step up" and take on these perennial powers - when such is not really required.

Let's find out what we are made of.

And, would be remiss if not giving special recognition to T for going up there on back to back Friday's to tangle with the big boys. IMVHO (and I could be wrong) has that ever been done before by any Ky. School????

Welcome to the world of Kentucky public schools when they play Trinity or ST.X. We hear a lot about how great the coaches are at these schools. Let us see how they perform when the odds are not stacked in their favor. With that said I will be rooting for Kentucky vs. Ohio

These two are obvious power house schools locally and while Elder has a 3 next to them, no way they can run with Aquinas. i would love to see an area school go to 1 in the Nation but until they start playing the teams from Florida and the west coast we won't see that. Aquinas has to many athletes for the Panthers or Cards to match up with.

A lot of people would have said a few years ago that Lakeland Fla. with 7-8 D1 players would have killed Cincy X with their speed, but the discipline of X just didn't let that happen.

Lakeland won in OT after X missed a FG as time expired.

A good GCL team can play with most anyone in the country; will they always win- No, but rarely will anyone blow them out.

Their fundamentals and discipline are too much for most high school teams to overcome.

Edited by swamprat
It's Lakeland not Lakelyn.

These two are obvious power house schools locally and while Elder has a 3 next to them, no way they can run with Aquinas. i would love to see an area school go to 1 in the Nation but until they start playing the teams from Florida and the west coast we won't see that. Aquinas has to many athletes for the Panthers or Cards to match up with.

When you are pulling kids from all over God's green earth it's not that hard now is it? I wonder how many of those "prep" stars have actually lived in the sunshine state for more than 6 months?

There have been a half-dozen Ohio schools over the past decade that could run, and beat, this year's STA squad. They are good but are not the second coming. I really struggle even calling them a high school team given the way that program is run and how their talent was "assembled". :irked:

-CardinalsFan

We'll find out in the fourth quarter, won't we...:sssh:

-CF

Come on - CF -- do you really think it will take that long?

Manual is 0-3. While building with some good atheletes - they are far from the pinacle of Ky. HS football - no disrespect.

I can remember you as long as I have been on BGP - lauding the accomplishments of your team - with certain justification I might add. I saw them on Sunday as well.

I just find it hard to fathom why the C faithful would try and stir up a lame issue such as M not wanting to move the game one day - to accomodate your Powerhouse.

If in the end it is really really close - or should M win - then I will certainly apologize to you.:notworthy:

When you are pulling kids from all over God's green earth it's not that hard now is it? I wonder how many of those "prep" stars have actually lived in the sunshine state for more than 6 months?

There have been a half-dozen Ohio schools over the past decade that could run, and beat, this year's STA squad. They are good but are not the second coming. I really struggle even calling them a high school team given the way that program is run and how their talent was "assembled". :irked:

-CardinalsFan

I'm don't how they get kids to that school, I'm sure there are legit kids there and some that have question marks.

I can't compare teams of the past to this years #1, because we will never know, but until Ohio schools play the teams from Florida on a consistent basis and prove to the country they can hang i don't see them being ranked #1. JMO.

What do you want me to rebut, exactly? Colerain ran the ball well. We were killed by penalties. The refs were homers, no question about it, but you have to deal with that when you play a GCL school at their home field. Trinity will see that this Friday.

We're not a "great" team this year. I've already admitted that. Not sure what else you want me to say? :confused: We have been good enough to never lose to a KY team and that will continue this Friday against Manual. The Cardinals are angry and the fact that Manual was not willing to even consider moving the game to Saturday as a sign of goodwill in understanding our short week is NOT sitting well with some folks in the community.

We actually only scored once, not twice. Yardage does not go on the scoreboard but it does indicate a teams ability to move the football which we were able to do.

This game came down to our inability to convert on third downs, untimely penalties, and the lack of any decent special teams. That's it.

-CardinalsFan

I'm sorry CF, but it's kind of silly, no it is silly, that any one associated with Colerain would expect Manual to move the game back one day. So we're clear: Colerain agreed to play Manual on a Friday and agreed to play Elder the prior week on a Sunday. They agreed to that schedule. Colerain now wants Manual to move the game back a day so Colerain will get an extra day of practice/preparation, but at the expense of Manual losing a day of practice/preparation for its game the following week. Why on God's green earth would Manual agree to lose a day of practice/preparation for its game the next week? It would have been a stupid thing for Manual to do.