Elder, OH 20 Colerain, OH 7

W.E. Raider

I'm sorry CF, but it's kind of silly, no it is silly, that any one associated with Colerain would expect Manual to move the game back one day. So we're clear: Colerain agreed to play Manual on a Friday and agreed to play Elder the prior week on a Sunday. They agreed to that schedule. Colerain now wants Manual to move the game back a day so Colerain will get an extra day of practice/preparation, but at the expense of Manual losing a day of practice/preparation for its game the following week. Why on God's green earth would Manual agree to lose a day of practice/preparation for its game the next week? It would have been a stupid thing for Manual to do.

Certainly, you are right leatherneck. We made the schedule, we have to live with it, and we will. However, in the spirit of good faith, I guess there were some on the Colerain side that had hoped moving the game to Saturday would allow more Louisville folk to attend the game as well as provide a little more rest between our game on Sunday and this game.

Look, I don't begrudge Manual. I didn't say I was upset at them for not moving it. If I'm in their shoes, NO WAY I move the game. The Crimsons need every advantage they can get going into this game and getting the Cards on only 4 days rest is a big advantage.

I hope Manual travels well and brings a good crowd to the Cage on Friday night.

-CardinalsFan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm don't how they get kids to that school, I'm sure there are legit kids there and some that have question marks.

I can't compare teams of the past to this years #1, because we will never know, but until Ohio schools play the teams from Florida on a consistent basis and prove to the country they can hang i don't see them being ranked #1. JMO.

I wonder why Florida HS's won't schedule Ohio HS's more often??

It's a two way street there bubba. We have played and beaten FL schools in the past 10 years. Probably have more W's than L's vs the Sunshiners to be honest with you.

-CF

Come on - CF -- do you really think it will take that long?

Manual is 0-3. While building with some good atheletes - they are far from the pinacle of Ky. HS football - no disrespect.

I can remember you as long as I have been on BGP - lauding the accomplishments of your team - with certain justification I might add. I saw them on Sunday as well.

I just find it hard to fathom why the C faithful would try and stir up a lame issue such as M not wanting to move the game one day - to accomodate your Powerhouse.

If in the end it is really really close - or should M win - then I will certainly apologize to you.:notworthy:

I think the coaches are trying to find whatever nugget they can to get these kids angry and focused on an opponent. We haven't lost two games in a season since 1985 (think about that) and to drop the first two to the programs we did makes our fan base, coaches, players and administration sick to our stomach. In our last three games, all losses dating back to last year, we have lost to St. Xavier 1x, Elder 2x. It's nauseating(sp).

As far as the game goes, check out the prediction thread for my thoughts on that later in the week. Stuggling to find stats/info on the Crimsons.

-CF

I'd say Elder, Colerain and Cincy St. X have done very well against top teams from around the country in the past few years.

Colerain 27

Tyler Lee 12

Colerain 28

Cardinal O'Hara 0

Lakeland 25

Cincy St. X 22 (OT)

De LaSalle 56

Elder 38

Clerain 20

Hoover 17 (OT)

Elder 41

Independence 34 (OT)

Cincy St. X 38

DeMatha 7

St. Thomas Aquinas 35

Elder 24

Colerain 14

McKeesport 7 (OT)

Cincy St. X 15

Prattville 10

When you are pulling kids from all over God's green earth it's not that hard now is it? I wonder how many of those "prep" stars have actually lived in the sunshine state for more than 6 months?

There have been a half-dozen Ohio schools over the past decade that could run, and beat, this year's STA squad. They are good but are not the second coming. I really struggle even calling them a high school team given the way that program is run and how their talent was "assembled". :irked:

-CardinalsFan

WOW. It's amazing that any other Florida team has a chance, considering how STA builds those teams. :lol: :lol: BTW, STA only has 5 state championships and 2 of those have been in the last two years.

Seriously, it would be great to take one weekend each year and have home and homes between the Cincinnati area schools and just the Tampa Bay area schools. I'd love to see Armwood @ Elder, Colerain @ Alonso, Plant @ Moeller, and St.X @ Lakeland.

I wonder why Florida HS's won't schedule Ohio HS's more often??

It's a two way street there bubba. We have played and beaten FL schools in the past 10 years. Probably have more W's than L's vs the Sunshiners to be honest with you.

-CF

You don't have to convince me how good Ohio HS football is. I know first hand. I know how scheduling works, and i doubt either state would back down from the challenge. Its tough to get either of the schools to travel that far out of state unless its at a Herbstreet Classic type event, (which i think is great for hs football) , but until there able to play the top teams from FL, CA, TX I doubt you'll see to many teams from the area ranked #1. Analysts will almost always go for the team full of speed and D1 athletes. i don't know how many D1 athletes Elder or Colerain have but it is nothing compared to STA or other FL power teams.

OHSAA used to a have a rule that limited out of state travel for football to 300 miles from the state line. Not sure if that rule still exists or not, becasue now other sports are traveling to Las Vegas, Florida and other places. That is why Gerry Faust and Moeller used to invite teams from all over to come here to play, they weren't permitted to go there.

OHSAA used to a have a rule that limited out of state travel for football to 300 miles from the state line. Not sure if that rule still exists or not, becasue now other sports are traveling to Las Vegas, Florida and other places. That is why Gerry Faust and Moeller used to invite teams from all over to come here to play, they weren't permitted to go there.

I didn't know that OHSAA had that rule in place in the past but it makes sense, with the expenses and all, good info. It would seem that they would allow them to travel football wise sense basketball and baseball teams are allowed too. It would only be fair. I think it would be great for football not just ohio by NKY teams such as the Highlands, Beechwoods to travel to compete with these teams that the sports analysts claim to be the best to see where we compare.

An apology to CF, I saw the scores and it looks as though Elder ran with STA last year didn't see that before.

I saw, during the Colerain/Elder broadcast last Sunday, that Lakeland was going out to play De La Salle in Concord on the 25th. That's a long way to go for a regular season game. However, if they win it, it will set up a collision with STA for both the state and national championships in the state playoffs.

I don't necessarily like it, but it's the 21st century. When you have nationally televised games, you need to have a national schedule to compete for a national championship, mythical as it is.