Elder, OH 20 Colerain, OH 7

W.E. Raider

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That little number 3 next to Elder's name obviously means that a lot of people around the country think that they are pretty good. I'd say they are the best team in this area without much debate.

This game is relatively close because it is a rivalry game and it's Colerain. It's pretty much always a competitive game.

Both these teams are slow. Trinity will play with, if not beat Elder.

That's laughable ... Colerain probably has 20 guys that are faster than Trinity's fastest guy.

Overall ... it is hard to judge speed on TV. It is even harder to judge the speed of two teams that pretty equal (speedwise) to begin with.

That's laughable ... Colerain probably has 20 guys that are faster than Trinity's fastest guy.

Overall ... it is hard to judge speed on TV. It is even harder to judge the speed of two teams that pretty equal (speedwise) to begin with.

You've got to consider the source on that post; he's a huge X fan for good reason(s). Trinity loses to the #44 team in Indiana at home but will play with if not beat the #3 team in the nation at arguably the toughest venue in the nation with a back up quarterback starting. Sure...

Trinity will not be in this game at the half. The rocks just do not have the O this year at this point to keep it interesting that long. Our D is just not that good this year and Bean is going to get out coached again this week by an out of state team.

To say Colerain and Elder are slow is laughable. Absolutely laughable! The level of football is at a different level than what we have here in KY. The speed of these players on both of these teams today are pretty equal which may make them look slow on tv. But they aren't. I was at the game and the way these teams can close on defenders and tackle is just something you don't see here in Northern KY. The hitting was ferocious. I have no idea how some of those players got up after some of the hits they took. No one in all of KY can compete with Elder or Colerain this year. Just watch what Colerain does to Manual next week.

With that being said, I realize X and Trinity can beat these teams in some years. Last year I had the privilege of watching Elder, Colerain, Moeller, Winton Woods, La Salle, St. X (Cincy) and a few other Ohio teams live. Not one of those schools would have beaten Trinity last year. Trinity was BY FAR the best team I seen live last year. This year, it might be a different story.

To say Colerain and Elder are slow is laughable. Absolutely laughable! The level of football is at a different level than what we have here in KY. The speed of these players on both of these teams today are pretty equal which may make them look slow on tv. But they aren't. I was at the game and the way these teams can close on defenders and tackle is just something you don't see here in Northern KY. The hitting was ferocious. I have no idea how some of those players got up after some of the hits they took. No one in all of KY can compete with Elder or Colerain this year. Just watch what Colerain does to Manual next week.

With that being said, I realize X and Trinity can beat these teams in some years. Last year I had the privilege of watching Elder, Colerain, Moeller, Winton Woods, La Salle, St. X (Cincy) and a few other Ohio teams live. Not one of those schools would have beaten Trinity last year. Trinity was BY FAR the best team I seen live last year. This year, it might be a different story.

Sorry I just don't but into the greatness of Ohio football. Looked slow to me.