Is Rick Pitino again in UK's future

strongopenyon

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see Rick come back.

One of the lines in the article just busted me up.

Earlier tonight, Pitino hosted two of Kentucky's biggest boosters. I won't divulge the names of those who attended, but I will tell you that one is huge in the banking business, the other in coal.

Wonder if it's the same banker from last time?:lol:

What a joke. Who is this clown?

Never gonna happen. People forget that Pitino was hurt about the reception he got when he first went to back to Rupp as the Cards coach.

Oh no.......it looks like a Louisville nerve just got exposed.

This very well could be Rick being Rick. We heard it in Lexington every spring from 1989 through 1997, that so and so wanted Rick, and so and so was talking to Rick.

Many times, Rick was the one who started the rumors.

He is one of the most charming and manipulative men ever who can coach the heck out of some basketball. I will be rooting for the Cardinals in the NCAA and wishing their coach would retire as the University of Kentucky Men's Basketball coach!

A couple bucks can make it all better!:sssh:
Lets get one thing clear UK may be able to offer him more money, but not by much. UofL is the most profitable Basketball program in the country and only one spot behind UK (UNC is first, then UK, then UL) in most valuable program. UofL has every bit of the purchasing power to challenge UK if it came to it.

Lets get one thing clear UK may be able to offer him more money, but not by much. UofL is the most profitable Basketball program in the country and only one spot behind UK (UNC is first, then UK, then UL) in most valuable program. UofL has every bit of the purchasing power to challenge UK if it came to it.

Rowdy, brother, just joking. I can't imagine a single situation where Rick Pitino would return to Lexington, no matter the dollars.

We had a great run with Pitino and its obvious people will never get over it. He is one heck of a coach and personality. I can't see him leaving Louisville because he has the best of both worlds there. He coaches in Kentucky and he's in the Big East conference. IMO it don't get any better than that for Rick.

I don't think it will happen but I still remember listening to the press conference when he left... "the foundation we have built here is solid" you could tell he was hurting to leave. After he left things slowly fell apart... maybe he feels like he owes a debt and 5 million a year doesn't hurt.. you gotta believe the boosters are offering a ton.

I was also pretty shocked to hear he went to Louisville as well.

I never thought he would go to UofL so who knows. Money talks and as good as UofL is it's not UK when it comes to tradition/traveling fans etc. I lived in Lville and Lex. Honestly I liked living in Lville better but as good as the UofL program is...it doesn't carry the prestige UK does. It has been brutal at UK because they are losing. When they are winning there is no place like it!