Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Rick Pitino again in UK's future

Featured Replies

Everyone answer this:

 

If it were to happen and Pitino came back to Kentucky, how would you feel about it?

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone answer this:

 

If it were to happen and Pitino came back to Kentucky, how would you feel about it?

 

Absolutely estatic

Louisvile who?

Honestly I don't think he will be coaching long enough to reep the benefits of turning around the UK program.

I would love to have Ricky P on the sidelines again but to be honest if he came back it would be second verse same as the first in that every spring we would have to suffer through the rumors of him leaving. He is the premier basketball coach in america right now, but I would much rather have a Mark Few and keep him 12-15 years and not worry about much after that

I would love to have Ricky P on the sidelines again but to be honest if he came back it would be second verse same as the first in that every spring we would have to suffer through the rumors of him leaving. He is the premier basketball coach in america right now, but I would much rather have a Mark Few and keep him 12-15 years and not worry about much after that

 

I don't care about rumors if we go to 3 straight finals and win 2 of them

Bring back Rick, please bring back Rick.

 

I don't think it will happen but I think there is a part of Pitino that would love to return to the place he called Camelot and retire as the head coach of the University of Kentucky.

 

However, I think it is more realistic to expect another Billy to take the job if the current Billy leaves.

Everyone answer this:

 

If it were to happen and Pitino came back to Kentucky, how would you feel about it?

I would feel bad for him, his efforts to restructure the program would take a few years in which he would get the same type of heat he Billy G is getting now but even worse do to the fans that are still upset over him leaving.

 

It would be silly to think he would just step right in and everything would be as it was, it took time to build the first time and patience isn't something UK fans would show Pitino in a second go around.

I'm not as high on the other Billy any longer. Even after winning Championships you should at least be able to get your team in the tournament. I'm not saying compete for a final four as you rebuild but atleast make it in.

What a joke. Who is this clown?

 

Never gonna happen. People forget that Pitino was hurt about the reception he got when he first went to back to Rupp as the Cards coach.

 

I'm not saying this will happen, but money could make that memory go away.

Honestly I don't think he will be coaching long enough to reep the benefits of turning around the UK program.

 

He isn't that old is he?

He isn't that old is he?

 

He seems to have a lot left in the tank in my opinion.

I just worry that the 2nd go around usually doesn't work out in sports. I was in college when he was winning championships. There was nothing like it! I just don't think it will happen...like I said I didn't think he would go to Lville either.

I'm not as high on the other Billy any longer. Even after winning Championships you should at least be able to get your team in the tournament. I'm not saying compete for a final four as you rebuild but atleast make it in.

 

Billy D has been hurt by transfers & early entries into the NBA draft, as well.

 

Jai Lucas transferred out because he was recruited over. Moving Calathes to PG is a decision that I didn't agree with, and I think it was one of the biggest reasons why Lucas left. That, and Irving Walker.

 

The thing that hurt him the most, IMO, was Mareesse Speights leaving early. With Speights down low, Parsons could play the 3/4, where I'd imagine he's much more comfortable.

He isn't that old is he?

 

He's 57.

What a joke. Who is this clown?

 

Never gonna happen. People forget that Pitino was hurt about the reception he got when he first went to back to Rupp as the Cards coach.

And that doesn't mean squat in regards to this subject.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.