Is Rick Pitino again in UK's future

strongopenyon

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have Ricky P on the sidelines again but to be honest if he came back it would be second verse same as the first in that every spring we would have to suffer through the rumors of him leaving. He is the premier basketball coach in america right now, but I would much rather have a Mark Few and keep him 12-15 years and not worry about much after that

I would love to have Ricky P on the sidelines again but to be honest if he came back it would be second verse same as the first in that every spring we would have to suffer through the rumors of him leaving. He is the premier basketball coach in america right now, but I would much rather have a Mark Few and keep him 12-15 years and not worry about much after that

I don't care about rumors if we go to 3 straight finals and win 2 of them

Bring back Rick, please bring back Rick.

I don't think it will happen but I think there is a part of Pitino that would love to return to the place he called Camelot and retire as the head coach of the University of Kentucky.

However, I think it is more realistic to expect another Billy to take the job if the current Billy leaves.

Everyone answer this:

If it were to happen and Pitino came back to Kentucky, how would you feel about it?

I would feel bad for him, his efforts to restructure the program would take a few years in which he would get the same type of heat he Billy G is getting now but even worse do to the fans that are still upset over him leaving.

It would be silly to think he would just step right in and everything would be as it was, it took time to build the first time and patience isn't something UK fans would show Pitino in a second go around.

I'm not as high on the other Billy any longer. Even after winning Championships you should at least be able to get your team in the tournament. I'm not saying compete for a final four as you rebuild but atleast make it in.

What a joke. Who is this clown?

Never gonna happen. People forget that Pitino was hurt about the reception he got when he first went to back to Rupp as the Cards coach.

I'm not saying this will happen, but money could make that memory go away.

I just worry that the 2nd go around usually doesn't work out in sports. I was in college when he was winning championships. There was nothing like it! I just don't think it will happen...like I said I didn't think he would go to Lville either.

I'm not as high on the other Billy any longer. Even after winning Championships you should at least be able to get your team in the tournament. I'm not saying compete for a final four as you rebuild but atleast make it in.

Billy D has been hurt by transfers & early entries into the NBA draft, as well.

Jai Lucas transferred out because he was recruited over. Moving Calathes to PG is a decision that I didn't agree with, and I think it was one of the biggest reasons why Lucas left. That, and Irving Walker.

The thing that hurt him the most, IMO, was Mareesse Speights leaving early. With Speights down low, Parsons could play the 3/4, where I'd imagine he's much more comfortable.