Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Rick Pitino again in UK's future

Featured Replies

He isn't that old is he?

 

I don't see him being at UL much longer and I don't think he will go anywhere else. What else does he have left to accomplish?

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dream on, dream on, dream until your dreams come true.....

I don't see him being at UL much longer and I don't think he will go anywhere else. What else does he have left to accomplish?

 

What more did he have to accomplish by coming to Louisville?

What more did he have to accomplish by coming to Louisville?

 

He wasn't nearly 60 when he started over there.

I don't see him being at UL much longer and I don't think he will go anywhere else. What else does he have left to accomplish?

 

Maybe he just likes to coach?

He wasn't nearly 60 when he started over there.

 

60 isn't that old.

 

Randy Couture still competes at a high level in Mixed Martial Arts at the age of 45.

Everyone answer this:

 

If it were to happen and Pitino came back to Kentucky, how would you feel about it?

 

 

I would be very happy. However, I don't see it happening. He has done an outstanding job at L'ville and doesn't have the same pressure as at UK. I think he retires from UL.

Maybe he just likes to coach?

 

60 isn't that old.

 

Randy Couture still competes at a high level in Mixed Martial Arts at the age of 45.

 

Um Ok? :lol: I'm just throwing it out there really, I just don't see any reason or way he comes back to UK. I know he can coach until he is 80 probably but that isn't likely.

Um Ok? :lol: I'm just throwing it out there really, I just don't see any reason or way he comes back to UK. I know he can coach until he is 80 probably but that isn't likely.

 

See what I was doing there with that was supporting my point that 60 (actually he's 57) isn't that old. If someone can compete in a full contact fighting sport at 45, there's no reason that a 57 year old man can't COACH basketball for 10-15 more years (if he wants to).

 

He doesn't have to coach because he has more to accomplish. If he just simply wants to coach, he will coach.

 

I don't think he is going to come back to UK either, I just don't think it will be because of his age.

And that doesn't mean squat in regards to this subject.

If my wife were subject to ridicule at place it would definitely be a factor in whether I would want go back there. It has everything to do with why this is a contrived and silly idea.

When it comes to Pitino and coaching moves, he never made one that was a logical move. And his ego takes a backseat to no ones, so for those reasons alone it would not suprise me to see it happen, he always hinted it was his biggest mistake he ever made in coaching, on his decession to leave UK. Plus that ego thing and him being the highest paid coach. I would bet the farm 'IF' its offered he excepts.

I wish Rick had never left but I don't want him back either for the same reasons Thomas Magnum mentioned. And if he wins a title this year it may start happening, the callers will come. It just got maddening every year whether he was staying or going and you couldn't get the truth from him made it that much worse. I am content now to be happy for what he did for UK, which was alot, and be able to root for UL and Rick in the NCAA; something I didn't think I would ever be able to do.

Pitino has UofL rolling, has some great recruiting classes coming in, loves the Big East, and most importantly.... wants to Coach in the new arena.

He has the perfect image at UK. Say he does come back and doesn't win one because nothing is guaranteed then his image at UK starts diminishing. Now as it is he is a

"All time Great". If he does come back and gets back to greatness then he will be the top 3 or 4 greatest of all time without question. Just depends what he has in mind and what he knows will be best for him.

Then again if he wants to have a big retirement check come in the last couple of years he coaches and anything else he wants then UK is his spot. I just hope that he don't use UK just to raise his raise in U of L like Donovan did at Florida.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.