Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Rick Pitino again in UK's future

Featured Replies

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slow news day when this gets even mentioned.

Eddie Money sang it well.

 

With Rick Pitino and UK, Eddie Money could have also sang back in 1997.........

 

Baby Hold On to Me;

Whatever will be will be:

The future is ours to see;

If you hold on to me.

 

I believe it was Alice Cooper that gave us the song. I believe It not only represents the sentiments towards Cooper, and those of us that are not ready to fire another coach, but lays out the direction of the program preordained, from the Gods!

Pitino is a current god in UK basketball. Anybody that is a UK fan adores the man (whether some diehard U of L haters choose to admit it or not), he rebuilt the program and gave fans some of the greatest years in UK history. He has said numerous times that he wished he never left UK however he will not be back. If I recall correctly during the Mr. Wildcats tribute when he spoke, he mentioned that Mr. Wildcat was "his last link to this great university." He has been gone to long, although the will probably always bleed blue, (sorry U of L fans), I dont think he will ever be back coaching UK.

Rick has always talked about being done when he turns 60.

 

He also made the comment once that he would like to be out of coaching at 55. So when he gets to 60 will he change it to 65. I personally think he will reevaluate himself when he reaches the 60 mark.

I for one believes he will finish up at the ville. I like Rick and always will but I am not going to hold my breath that he is coming back to UK.

Pitino is a current god in UK basketball. Anybody that is a UK fan adores the man (whether some diehard U of L haters choose to admit it or not), he rebuilt the program and gave fans some of the greatest years in UK history. He has said numerous times that he wished he never left UK however he will not be back. If I recall correctly during the Mr. Wildcats tribute when he spoke, he mentioned that Mr. Wildcat was "his last link to this great university." He has been gone to long, although the will probably always bleed blue, (sorry U of L fans), I dont think he will ever be back coaching UK.

 

 

Actually, what he's said is that it was a mistake to leave UK for the reason he left-money. He hasn't said it was a mistake to leave UK EVER, but at the time he did, for the reason he did.

Actually, what he's said is that it was a mistake to leave UK for the reason he left-money. He hasn't said it was a mistake to leave UK EVER, but at the time he did, for the reason he did.

 

True. I think many of my Big Blue brethren are reaching here. We have to appreciate what Rick did for UK basketball. He revived it from the depths. Rick has also said that 7-8 years is about the limit that anyone could stay at a job like UK and then it is time for change. He served his time at UK well.

 

He isn't coming back.

True. I think many of my Big Blue brethren are reaching here. We have to appreciate what Rick did for UK basketball. He revived it from the depths. Rick has also said that 7-8 years is about the limit that anyone could stay at a job like UK and then it is time for change. He served his time at UK well.

 

He isn't coming back.

 

Imagine if He did return and Did not bring back that Magic...The Suicide rate in Kentucky would triple/or more...:thumb:

Reliable source (former UK player who will go unnamed) says BCG is gone when this year is over & RP is #1 name on the replacement list.

Reliable source (former UK player who will go unnamed) says BCG is gone when this year is over & RP is #1 name on the replacement list.

 

 

Well congratulations Randy. I hope you are a good recruiter, and do a great job.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh, you meant Rick Pitino. My bad. :lol::lol:

Reliable source (former UK player who will go unnamed) says BCG is gone when this year is over & RP is #1 name on the replacement list.

 

If it is true, make him a nice offer like the Celtics did.:p

 

 

UK should look at the pay and pay him more than the highest paid coach in the nation.

Reliable source (former UK player who will go unnamed) says BCG is gone when this year is over & RP is #1 name on the replacement list.

 

He may be #1 on the list, but he ain't going to leave the 'Ville....

So, you think Joanne knew it was tongue-in-cheek? Even worse, what about the wonderful things said about his brother-in-law?

 

UK fans spat 700 kinds of venom his way, and many still do with the "Traitor Rick" jazz. I think you're downplaying how that nastiness was received because it helps you talk yourself into the possibility of him returning.

 

The age factor can't be downplayed either. Age 57 is not the ideal time to be taking on rebuilding projects. Especially when you consider (A) he's had some health problems in recent years as well, and (B) where he'd be going would likely be 10x more pressure-packed than it was 20 years ago.

Honestly, she is married to a very high profile person. Those things come with the turf. IMHO, she brought it on herself as well. But yes, you should realize that a lot of those things are tongue-in-cheek. As far as Rick's reception is concerned...if he thought he would be welcomed back into open arms then he is quite naive.

 

As far as the brother-in-law situation is concerned...honestly I don't remember it. I don't pay that much attention to those kind of issues.

 

I'm not downplaying it. I think U of L fans may be holding onto it too tightly as that is their safety pillow. Frankly, I don't want Pitino back and don't believe he will ever come back. But the reasons he wouldn't come back are much closer to the ones you mention in your last paragraph. Rick has moved on and so should we.

 

I'm one of the few UK fans who actually think we need to keep BCG.

Honestly, she is married to a very high profile person. Those things come with the turf. IMHO, she brought it on herself as well. But yes, you should realize that a lot of those things are tongue-in-cheek. As far as Rick's reception is concerned...if he thought he would be welcomed back into open arms then he is quite naive.

 

I'm sure Pitino didn't necessarily expect some glorious homecoming.

 

And as far as his wife goes, yes, she should expect criticism. But there's a difference between criticism and outright hate-filled nastiness. Wildcat fans dropped several rungs on the class ladder with that display. I don't buy the tongue-in-cheek stuff one iota; Wildcat fans meant that stuff.

 

As far as the brother-in-law situation is concerned...honestly I don't remember it. I don't pay that much attention to those kind of issues.

 

Let's just say there was no mistaking any of that for being tongue-in-cheek. It was pure, unadulterated nastiness that they would make light of him losing his brother-in-law and best friend on 9/11. I see no circumstance where Pitino is forgiving over this one.

 

I'm not downplaying it. I think U of L fans may be holding onto it too tightly as that is their safety pillow. Frankly, I don't want Pitino back and don't believe he will ever come back. But the reasons he wouldn't come back are much closer to the ones you mention in your last paragraph. Rick has moved on and so should we.

 

I'm one of the few UK fans who actually think we need to keep BCG.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.