Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Rick Pitino again in UK's future

Featured Replies

Pitino has UofL rolling, has some great recruiting classes coming in, loves the Big East, and most importantly.... wants to Coach in the new arena.

 

UK is getting ready to build one soon, right?!:D

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Billy D has been hurt by transfers & early entries into the NBA draft, as well.

 

Jai Lucas transferred out because he was recruited over. Moving Calathes to PG is a decision that I didn't agree with, and I think it was one of the biggest reasons why Lucas left. That, and Irving Walker.

 

The thing that hurt him the most, IMO, was Mareesse Speights leaving early. With Speights down low, Parsons could play the 3/4, where I'd imagine he's much more comfortable.

 

Wasn't Tubby hurt by transfers and players leaving early for the draft?

 

Nobody minded to call for his job on a regular basis, and he still made the tournament.

 

I say get rid of this Billy and don't bring back the other one... Let him stay in FLA.

The run that Pitino had at UK was special, but it's not going to happen.

 

I wanna go back

And do it all over again

But I can't go back

I know

I wanna go back

Cause I'm feeling so much older

But I can't go

back I know.....................

If my wife were subject to ridicule at place it would definitely be a factor in whether I would want go back there. It has everything to do with why this is a contrived and silly idea.
When you are a high profile figure it comes with the turf. I am really good friends with the guy who had the "Joanne, We didn't like you either" sign and it was totally tongue in cheek. I agree that this is a silly idea...but the contrived part is that Louisville fans actually think that this is the reason he wouldn't go back.
UK is getting ready to build one soon, right?!:D

 

I am sure UK will, they can't be outdone by lil brother, :lol:.

 

The difference is Pitino has been the driving force for UofL's new arena. I honestly think BCG will be UK's coach next year. I think RP retires a Card.

  • Author
The run that Pitino had at UK was special, but it's not going to happen.

 

I wanna go back

And do it all over again

But I can't go back

I know

I wanna go back

Cause I'm feeling so much older

But I can't go

back I know.....................

Eddie Money sang it well.

 

With Rick Pitino and UK, Eddie Money could have also sang back in 1997.........

 

Baby Hold On to Me;

Whatever will be will be:

The future is ours to see;

If you hold on to me.

Eddie Money sang it well.

 

With Rick Pitino and UK, Eddie Money could have also sang back in 1997.........

 

Baby Hold On to Me;

Whatever will be will be:

The future is ours to see;

If you hold on to me.

 

Great song.

I am sure UK will, they can't be outdone by lil brother, :lol:.

 

The difference is Pitino has been the driving force for UofL's new arena. I honestly think BCG will be UK's coach next year. I think RP retires a Card.

 

 

That's the one surprising thing about the new arena to me. Whenever Rick was at UK he always wanted, and pushed for an on campus arena. I wonder why he settled for another off campus arena.

Eddie Money sang it well.

 

With Rick Pitino and UK, Eddie Money could have also sang back in 1997.........

 

Baby Hold On to Me;

Whatever will be will be:

The future is ours to see;

If you hold on to me.

 

The reason he left is because he Had Two Tickets to Paradise !! :ylsuper:

I love Pitino, but he needs yo stay at UL.

I would like for UK to go after a younger Coach,like Billy D of UF.That if Gillispie is gone.

The reason he left is because he Had Two Tickets to Paradise !! :ylsuper:
Paradise turned out to be hell. :sssh:
That's the one surprising thing about the new arena to me. Whenever Rick was at UK he always wanted, and pushed for an on campus arena. I wonder why he settled for another off campus arena.

 

Time & Money. The search for the site was long, drawn out process. Plus, the older he has got he has realized that the "old folks" that everyone complains about, drives programs like UofL and UK. Sure it woud be fun to have a lot students on the floor, etc.

 

It is also a lot of fun to have two of the biggest $$$ schools in the country in the Bluegrass. UK and UofL are always in the top 3 in attendance.

  • Author
The reason he left is because he Had Two Tickets to Paradise !! :ylsuper:

Or $50 million reasons to go to Boston?

 

.........two tickets to paradise; pack your bags, we'll leave tonight!

Won't happen. He is coaching in a Conference that in his mind is the greatest. He gets to go back and coach in the New York area several times a year. Plus his family loves Louisville.

When you are a high profile figure it comes with the turf. I am really good friends with the guy who had the "Joanne, We didn't like you either" sign and it was totally tongue in cheek. I agree that this is a silly idea...but the contrived part is that Louisville fans actually think that this is the reason he wouldn't go back.

 

So, you think Joanne knew it was tongue-in-cheek? Even worse, what about the wonderful things said about his brother-in-law?

 

UK fans spat 700 kinds of venom his way, and many still do with the "Traitor Rick" jazz. I think you're downplaying how that nastiness was received because it helps you talk yourself into the possibility of him returning.

 

The age factor can't be downplayed either. Age 57 is not the ideal time to be taking on rebuilding projects. Especially when you consider (A) he's had some health problems in recent years as well, and (B) where he'd be going would likely be 10x more pressure-packed than it was 20 years ago.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.