Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Rick Pitino again in UK's future

Featured Replies

Actually, what he's said is that it was a mistake to leave UK for the reason he left-money. He hasn't said it was a mistake to leave UK EVER, but at the time he did, for the reason he did.

 

He said that if he would of knew that he would not have gotten Tim Duncan in the draft he would not have left UK.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LABS had a post yesterday rumoring the next UK coach possibly being a coach still playing with UK ties.

 

Interesting article!

 

http://michaeleaves.blogspot.com/

 

 

What about Travis Ford of Oklahoma State? He has UK ties and his team is still playing.

I believe it was Alice Cooper that gave us the song. I believe It not only represents the sentiments towards Cooper, and those of us that are not ready to fire another coach, but lays out the direction of the program preordained, from the Gods!

 

Nope, it was Eddie Mahoney AKA Eddie Money. :sssh:

Actually, what he's said is that it was a mistake to leave UK for the reason he left-money. He hasn't said it was a mistake to leave UK EVER, but at the time he did, for the reason he did.

So in your mind, what do you think that really translates into? That it wouldn't have been a mistake in his mind at another time?

 

I think the reason he will never leave Louisville except to retire is that experience. And if he knew how things would have turned out, he never would have left UK except to retire.

Louisville fans aren't thinking rationally if they think that Rick Pitino won't leave U of L. I'm not saying that he is but to think it couldn't happen because he is in the Big East and has a great situation.

While talking about potential UK coaches, I thought I would pass along that I heard that if Gillispie is back next year there are 5-6 players transferring...Wasn't told which ones though.

 

Also, I don't buy it, but it's another one of those rumors out there.

While talking about potential UK coaches, I thought I would pass along that I heard that if Gillispie is back next year there are 5-6 players transferring...Wasn't told which ones though.

 

Also, I don't buy it, but it's another one of those rumors out there.

If BCG is not back, there will probably be transfers or requests for releases from LOI.

Louisville fans aren't thinking rationally if they think that Rick Pitino won't leave U of L. I'm not saying that he is but to think it couldn't happen because he is in the Big East and has a great situation.

Is it so hard to believe that he is happy where he is and does not want to transition again?

Louisville fans aren't thinking rationally if they think that Rick Pitino won't leave U of L. I'm not saying that he is but to think it couldn't happen because he is in the Big East and has a great situation.

Present a reasonable arguement as to "why" he would leave (short of retireing) and then I'll respect that arguement that he might leave.

Present a reasonable arguement as to "why" he would leave (short of retireing) and then I'll respect that arguement that he might leave.

 

I don't think he will come back. But he could go back and save the place that made him. Lead the empire once again, deal with lesser competition in the SEC vs the BEAST. Have more money than he can count and pretty much be treated like a God.

 

Never would have thought Williams would have left Kansas either but that turned out ok.

Pitino seems really bothered about all of this. :idunno: :idunno:

 

After the game, he was philosophical. If the booing and the signs hurt, he didn't let on.

 

"My son came in like a little kid, laughing hysterically, and said, 'Dad, I wish Mom was here. They had a sign saying, "We never liked you either, Joanne."'

 

"I wish I could have had that sign to bring back to her. I think that's the way you have to take it all, in good-natured jest. Some of the comments tonight, some people may deem cruel. We laughed and thought they were funny and hysterical. That's what entertainment and college basketball are all about. You have to be able to laugh. You have to have some fun."

 

That can't be. Jim Schue said Ricky P was really hurt. :rolleyes:

Present a reasonable arguement as to "why" he would leave (short of retireing) and then I'll respect that arguement that he might leave.

 

Well lets see he left his dream job with the Knick, he left his second dream job at UK, and he left his third dream job with the Celtics.

 

U of L fans seem to have forgotten Rick Pitino's past. He doesn't stay anywhere that long. I'm not sure how long he has been at Louisville but the sand could be running out of the hour glass.

 

I doubt that is reasonable enough because you guys think there is no place like Louisville don't be shock if Pitino moves on at some point.

That can't be. Jim Schue said Ricky P was really hurt. :rolleyes:

 

 

And all journalist are always right and justified. If you don't believe me just ask him.

Well lets see he left his dream job with the Knick, he left his second dream job at UK, and he left his third dream job with the Celtics.

 

U of L fans seem to have forgotten Rick Pitino's past. He doesn't stay anywhere that long. I'm not sure how long he has been at Louisville but the sand could be running out of the hour glass.

 

I doubt that is reasonable enough because you guys think there is no place like Louisville don't be shock if Pitino moves on at some point.

 

 

Now that's funny, coming from a UK fan.:laugh:

Well lets see he left his dream job with the Knick, he left his second dream job at UK, and he left his third dream job with the Celtics.

 

U of L fans seem to have forgotten Rick Pitino's past. He doesn't stay anywhere that long. I'm not sure how long he has been at Louisville but the sand could be running out of the hour glass.

 

I doubt that is reasonable enough because you guys think there is no place like Louisville don't be shock if Pitino moves on at some point.

 

Pitino came to Louisville in 2001

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.